Reason #4

I was actually supposed to post this yesterday but it was a crazy day and I didn't have the opportunity.

The last reason that I love Mike is because he is so dedicated to the Gospel. He is such a good example to me of trying to be better. In the mornings when I wake up to feed the boys I go into the dinning room and see Mike's scriptures and his journal on the table. He reads every morning while he eats breakfast and if he doesn't have time in the mornings he reads at night. I also sometimes wake up early and see him in the living room kneeling at the couch saying his morning prayers. It always reminds me that I need to say my own morning prayers and read my own scriptures. Mike is very serious about his calling. It is a little embarrassing to admit but a fight we often have is concerning Mike being gone for church stuff. I have been trying very hard this past year to be more supportive. Mike is also great at leading in family prayer, scripture study, and Family Home Evening. The final thing that is such a great example to me is that Mike is so positive about the Gospel. I have to make goals to be more positive and have more faith and often get annoyed at Mike when we talk about trials and they don't seem like such a big deal to him. I have come to understand that Mike just has an amazing ability to take them as they come and not let them shake his faith.

Anyway, those are four reasons for the four years we've been married. They have been the best four years of my life so far and I imagine they will just get better. Mike is the perfect fit for me and I feel very grateful that Heavenly Father let me have him. I'm not sure how we got together but there must have been some divine intervention. We went to this awesome cottage for our anniversary. It was pricey but so worth it! The pictures don't do it justice. You can check it out here

Comments

Papa Doc said…
Adrianne,
I thought your anniversary is on Friday. Did I miss it? The link shows a pretty awesome place! I'm sure glad you took the time to go somewhere -- you ought to take a "whole" honeymoon since you got gyped (sp?) on the first one.
What did you do with the kids?
Nope. Our anniversary is September 25. We have some friends in the ward that don't have kids and they were so awesome to offer to watch the kids for us.
CLAMES said…
It's nice to hear that someone else has a hard time with their husband's calling. I try really hard to be supportive too, but boy is it hard sometimes. :)

Popular Posts