One for every year we've been married

Our anniversary is in four days! I thought I'd write a reason I love Mike for every day until Tuesday. So, if you are interested in why I fell in love with Mike, keep checking back. But, if you aren't interested in mushy stuff then check back on Wed. (or whenever I post again after Tuesday).

Mike is the kindest man I know. When he was at OTS he was miserable and they made him be over the younger class. He had to yell at them and be mean. I was really surprised when he told me. I asked him, "Do you actually yell at them? I have never heard you yell." He said that he did because he had to but only for a few minutes because he'd forget he was supposed to be mean. Then he'd remember and yell again.

He doesn't like to wound people and while I know he thinks mean thoughts, he doesn't say them. He has never yelled at me in the four years we've been married and would be really hurt if I yelled at him. Mike is quick to say he's sorry. In fact, sometimes it is almost a race in my mind to see if I can say it before him (but he is kinder than me and therefore, ready to apologize before I am).

I dated a few guys in college and he was hands down the kindest. He isn't the most thoughtful as far as doing little cute things for me but he is always concerned for my feelings. When I ask him what will make him happy he says, "I'm happy if I can make you happy." Now, that could just be because I make everyone miserable if I'm not happy (although, hopefully that isn't the case).

When I started dating Mike my mom asked me for a description of his features. I couldn't think of anything that really made Mike stand out (I mean, 'hot' isn't a very descriptive, word is it?). The one thing that I thought was really different about Mike than the other boys I dated was his eyes. Mike has very kind eyes.

So, the first thing I love about Mike is that he is kind.

Comments

Apparently, you've never sat beside Mike when his Mega Man died. Other than that, I guess Mike was a nice guy.
Jess and Jen said…
Mike is a kind guy. And his eyes...well, can I say this? And I say this with an unblemished record of staunch heterosexuality...his eyes are fantastic!

Um. That's all. I'm done.
Jess, I thought about inserting your name after the "mushy" comment but then thought, "Jess is the mushiest man I know so he should love reading this." I say that kind of teasing but mostly because I like that you are mushy. I think Jen likes it too. You are a very thoughtful husband (from what I've seen and heard). I'm glad you agree about his eyes...
Jess and Jason said…
Hmm...it is almost like Mike is dead and I am trying to eulogize him! That having been said, I was blessed with three extremely kind and loving brothers. My dad is also very thoughtful. They have all always been quick to apologize, slow to anger, and thoughtful.
I am happy that everyone knows how great Mike is!

Popular Posts