How much is a vacation worth?

We have a vacation budget that we put a little money in each month. We used the money we have planned for our vacation. Someone called him from Hill AFB before we left and invited him to go on a tour of their facility for a project he was working on so he decided to work one of the days we were in Utah. He turned in travel vouchers for that one day and got the report today telling us how much money we will get--$980! Sweet deal if you ask me. They are paying for travel to Utah and to Hill, lodging for two nights, and perdium for three days. So, our trip was completely paid for, which is good because now I think I can convince Mike to use some of the vacation money for Christmas instead of having it come out of our own budgets.

Comments

Jess and Jen said…
Hey, I'm glad they gave him the full amount! That's a pretty sweet way to do things. I've only traveled for business with my wife once. I went to Portland for a meeting and I took Jen along (left the kids behind). Besides her airfare (less than $200) and a rental car we secured after my work was done (less than $100), it was a relatively cheap trip. I wish I could travel on business with my wife more often.

Now they just need to send me to Hawaii...
Jess and Jason said…
That is incredible! I wish they would do that all the time! Does he need to come to Maryland anytime soon?

Popular Posts