MMSM Food

Welcome to the MMSM food edition. There are two things I wanted to post on today. First thing, I thought I'd post a list of our favorite foods. Our favorite foods are a conglomeration of foods from Mike's family, my family, and foods we've made up or tried.

We like any kind of Mexican food I think. Some of the favorites though are Mexican Lasagna, Cafe Rio, chips and homemade salsa, Mexican Meat Mix for chimichangas, homemade guacamole, Mexican Chicken casserole, and Mike likes Chili Rellano Casserole.

We also like Chinese food--yoki soba, pot stickers, stir Fry's, lo mien, whatever.

Other random foods that we like are stroganoff, soups (Mom's chicken soup, Marcy's Creamy White Chili), BBQ short ribs, Chicken Salad to die for (does anyone in Mike's family know the real name for this?), fruit smoothies, homemade pizza, Creamy Italian Chicken. I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

Desserts we really like are Gay Chess Tarts (Mike's all time favorite), pies (mom's blueberry cream cheese pie...mmmmm), cheese cake, any ice cream but Mike really likes Blue Bell Bunny tracks.

Most of these foods are very unhealthy for you, which is why we love them I'm sure. In my quest to lose 65 lbs (40 something of pregnancy weight and twenty I want to lose on top of that) we have turned to fresh fruit salads, smoothies with yogurt and no sugar (still so, so yummy), whole grain breads and pasta, low fat sour cream when we can handle it, lots of fresh veggies, I can't believe it's not butter, very limited sweets. Mike eats ice cream in the kitchen when he thinks I don't know what he is doing. Silly husband. I have turned to eating only a scoop of ice cream. And finally, smaller food proportions.



Which brings me to Super size Me. If you haven't watched the documentary I would recommend it. We really liked it. This could be an entire different post so I will save talking about it for another day. But until then, rent the movie and watch it. Oh, and I've lost 50 lbs so far! Don't become overweight because it's so hard to get skinny again. Dang kids! And yummy foods!

To participate in the carnival and write about your favorite foods or allergies or weird food experiences, you can go to Shannon's What About Mom blog.

Comments

Marcy said…
Big congrats on the 50 lbs! Oh boy, I want all those recipes you listed. If you have any already typed up, would you send them my way? especially Mexican Lasagna, Mexican Chicken casserole, and Gay Chess Tarts (what the heck are those?)
Cali said…
I'm with Marcy--CONGRATS!!! 50 lbs is a huge success! That's how much I gaines with Olivia, and am still trying to get rid of! And...waht are Gay Chess Tarts? If they're yummy, send the recipe my way.
Thanks guys! It has been really hard--depressing and exciting. Hopefully I'll never have to worry about trying to lose weight again, expect of course when I am pregnant but that doesn't count. I will email you both the recipe.
Jess and Jason said…
Reading that post made me hungry! But I am going to stay away from the yummy foods. I have 13 pounds to go and can't wait to get there! We can work together to get rid of the last few extra pounds!
Steff said…
You've lost 50 lbs?! That is AWESOME!! I'm really impressed. You look really great in all your pictures so I can't imagine you wanting to lose any more. You may end up blowing away in the wind if you keep this up.
Jessie, good job! I'm so excited for you to get there too. We need to have a reunion at a beach so we can all show off our newly slimmed down bodies.

Steff, you are awesome. Even when I lose my next 15 lbs I will still be bigger than most my friends. My sister is 135 and thinks that is still too big. My mom was 120 when she got married. I'm like, "What? I haven't been 120 since I was 11." No joke. I just want to get back to 135. I haven't been that weight since I was 22 or 23. You on the other hand, are tiny. No one would ever be able to tell you've had two kids!
Dad and Mom said…
It really is called "chinese chicken salad to die for"! Congratulations on losing so much weight! Dad has lost 40 lbs while I have lost 16 lbs. He loses soooo much faster than I do but it is hard work for both of us. We will all keep working at it!
Welcome to blogging mom! Jessie told me about all the weight you and dad have lost. That is incredible to me. It has taken me almost a year to lose 50 lbs and dad has lost 40 in a few months! So amazing. She also told me how much you weigh. You are so little! I'm so proud of you guys. Does this mean no more cold stone runs?
Dad and Mom said…
Coldstone??????? Maybe occasionally but not until we are at (or at least closer) to our desired weights. Dad wants to be thin when he gives his speech at the conference in Las Vegas next month. He is well on his way!
shannon said…
sounds like we're weighing the same right now, Adrianne: the only difference is i am so glad to be here, and you are still on the 15 more pounds thing (not to mention your sister-in-law(?) who is still not happy...

i think we could spend our whole lives wanting to be a bit skinnier, etc.

i agree with those who say you look great now and congratulations!!

kind of like i wish i'd been happy with my body in high school, but never was. if only i'd known...
I would really love to gain about 10 pounds worth of muscle that would make my PT scores go up. If any of you would like to donate your weight toward my goal, I'm happy to accept

Popular Posts