Makes me Smile Monday--Dreams


I am a believer in dreams. I don't think that all dreams are true or anything like that but I definately believe that we can have inspiration through dreams (Lehi for example). I also believe that dreams are usually about something that is happening in our lives. Two such dreams: our toilet has been overflowing (well, everything is clogged). The bathtub won't drain and anytime you flush the toilet it wants to overflow. I will be in the living room and hear gurggling and go into the bathroom to find the toilet bubbling. It's kind of freaky. Anyway, last night I dreamt about our toilet overflowing all night long. The other dream that relates to things going on in my life is from college. I was really, really freaked out about my math class and only had that left to pass to graduate. I used to dream all the time the same thing--that I hadn't gone to class all semester because I forgot I was taking Math and the last week I remembered and was freaking out that I was going to fail and not graduate. Loved that dream.

Another dream that didn't have to do with anything I was going through was when I was in college too. I had a dream that my brother Ammon was dying. My mom and dad were taking him to the hospital and I came to see him there and it was really very sad. I called my mom that day and she told me that at 2:00 am they had taken Ammon to the hospital because his shunt was bad. Weird huh? So, I don't know that that was inspiration or anything because it didn't really prompt me to do something other than call my mom but it was interesting none the less.

Mike has dreams where he is the hero all the time. He is usually caught in some fight with bad guys and has to fight them off with weird things like a pencil. Somehow his hero powers win out and we are safe. The first year we were married he would ask me every morning what I dreamt about and I usually couldn't remember but he would spend all breakfast telling me about a great fight he had in his dream.

Comments

Elder Richey said…
Tim has those fight dreams all the time. Do you think it's a guy thing?
Jess and Jen said…
I had no idea Mike was such a dreamer, nor that he was such a hero. Especially with pencils. More power to him...

Jess
Do you have hero dreams, Jess? I think it must be a guy thing because I have never had a dream about beating anyone up.
Steff said…
Weird. Matt and I have the "forgot to go to class all semester and not going to graduate" dream all the time. We thought it was just us because we are irresponsible youngest children and it's probably something we would really do. He he. Glad to hear we are not the only ones. I'll have to ask Matt about the hero dreams.
Steff! I thought you had given up on the blogs! We miss hearing from you. I'm glad you still check up on us.
Steff said…
yeah, we are finally trying to take the blog thing seriously (since people keep asking us if we have one.) I've done a little updating on ours. I check yours all the time. It's fun to see what's going on with everyone. Your kids are getting so big! :)
shannon said…
Mike sounds like Macguyver. i tried to see if Tom had hero/fighting type dreams like your husband and Brock (Melinda's husband) and lots of these other guys, so of course he came up with a dream about shag carpet and a pirate. i think that explains a lot about him.

have you guys been harvesting the garden yet? some of those things (vegetables) looked almost ripe.

hey, are you guys visiting utah this summer at all? it might be nice to see you at marcy's or something, since i think we've talked in person like maybe 5 times.

oh, and is the mural done yet? come on, you can't leave us in suspense about these things...
Shannon, we have harvested. We ate our zucchini and some peas last week. The tomatoes are really big but still very green so I'm not sure when we will eat that. Our cilantro we have used a lot too.

We will be going to Utah this summer. We will be there around Aug. 23. My brother is coming home from his mission so we are very excited to see him. I haven't been home for a year and a half! That would be fun if we could all get together.

The mural is pretty much finished. I have a few final touches to put on it but haven't had a really good time to do it (I have to do it when Ike is sleeping and when Will is awake). I am hoping to finish it this week and then I will put pictures up.

Popular Posts