Makes me Smile Monday: 80's

One thing I remember about the 80's is that my sisters and I made these really cool splatter shirts. My grandma had some contraption of some sort where you could put the shirt in and it would spin around. We would take a shirt, dump glitter paints on it and then put it in the machine and when it came out we had this cool shirt with paint splatters. I used to hairspray my hair straight up with probably a bottle of hairspray. I also remember my brother Adam had some MC Hammer pants that were tiger prints and he would wear them to dances and do his break dancing. Everyone thought that was cool. My husband remembers Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (movies, games, cartoon).

To check out other 80's memories, you can check out this blog.

Comments

shannon said…
Hey Adrianne, thanks for posting an MMSM. i feel like you weren't so inspired by this theme. sorry. of course, you and Marcy are really on the young (and skinny) side to remember the 80s. :)

your mural is looking awesome, by the way. i've got a wall and some paints here at my house, calling your name...
Shannon, I remember a lot from the 80's but you're right, I never got into the 80's. I remember pegging my pants but thought it looked stupid and only did it because it was the style. Also, I was only 10 when it ended. Anyway, I really hope the mural turns out. It might just look silly when it's done. Or maybe he will be scared of it. That is more likely because he's scared of everything lately.

Popular Posts