My boy is going to kill himself


Will did a very naughty (and funny) thing this week. I was in the living room and heard, "Berry hot. Berry hot." I thought, "Oh man, this can't be good." Upon entering the kitchen I saw Will standing on a folding chair with both hot pads on his hands and opening the oven (with food inside cooking)!!! He spends too much time with me in the kitchen.


The next day I looked over while I was making dinner and saw Will opening and closing the microwave and trying to turn it on. I think the picture speaks for itself. Oh, and I know the microwave is disgusting. Just pretend it is spotless.


And finally....when talking to my mom on the phone while cooking, I turned to see Will putting a butter knife in the toaster (and it was plugged in). Thankfully, he couldn't figure out how to push the button down.


Looks like I better pay more attention to my boy.

Comments

Jess and Jason said…
What a smart boy you have! He sounds a lot like Austin...good luck!
I am sure you have heard the story of Austin bringing us a handful of screws...not sure where any of them came from.
Marcy said…
Scary! In my last house I was very meticulous and put cupboard locks on cupboards with cleaning supplies and a drawer lock on the knife drawer, but the things you mentioned my kids could still do! These are things my girls have never tried. I'm getting a little scared for my boy to grow up!
I haven't ever had to put locks on drawers and cupboards yet because Will has been really good about knowing what things he can't play with. With the knives, he would grab those out and I just didn't make a big deal out of it so he wouldn't think they were cool, you know? That worked pretty well. But now, he is trying to do everything he sees me do so I just need to explain to him that those things aren't ok to play with. Usually he won't play with them unless I'm in the room anyway. Recently, Ike has started opening cupboards though so I think I'll have put locks on them for him. Still scary...boys and girls are very different!!
shannon said…
um, if that is a messy microwave, then i hope you never see mine. :)

btw, my mom told me a good way to clean microwaves (not that you need it, but maybe i'll try it some day). you put a big bowl of water in and bring it to a boil. i think it loosens everything up.

Popular Posts