Focusing on things that make me smile, plus a series

I didn't feel deeply inspired creatively during February.  I'd take my camera out incase I saw something but usually came home with little to no photos that I liked, if I even took any.  I've tried since then to change my focus and only take photos that make me smile, regardless of if it's an interesting photo.  It's been good for me to change my focus and really slow down and notice more clearly what is around me.  

I also decided to start a series about Piper, focusing on her becoming a teenager.  It's such a personal, confusing, time of life and I feel really thankful that she has allowed me into her life in this way.  I've taken some photos that are pretty raw when she's had some big emotions and she's allowed me to take them.  I want to be careful about sharing too much or too personally so I've only added a few photos I've taken from this series, mostly of her room.  I want to capture this interesting time between two worlds (a child and a teen).  When I walked into her room and saw her postcard collage along with her squish mellow, it made me smile--she still loves stuffed animals but she's also deciding what her style is and making personal decisions about her decorating style.  Also, the cute bunny night light along side her "makeup area". It's cute and I like seeing both stages co-exist.  





























 

Comments

Popular Posts