Kimonos

My friend is moving back to the states this week.  She wanted to get some photos of her daughter before they moved and asked if I'd take them.  I don't often post photos on here from photoshoots I do.  I am not sure why, I guess I just mostly want to keep it a place to document family stuff.  Last year in Colorado I ended up taking a good amount of photos.  I felt like I was getting into my groove and becoming more confident but since moving here, I haven't really wanted to do any photoshoots.  I am sure the longer I am here and the more comfortable I get here the more interested I'll be in taking photos for other people.  I am still trying to get used to taking photos in the largest city in the world.  It is hard to know where to go and most places are crowded.  It's just  a different experience.  Anyway, I was happy to take photos for my friend.  Since I don't charge people for photos, we decided that I would take a few of Piper in the kimono as well.  I got a small handful of photos of Piper while Brooklyn went to the bathroom but then the sky opened up and it started to pour rain.  We ended up having to cancel the photoshoot and meet back up three hours later.  The park that my friend chose is one of my favorites.  It's not too far from my house and very popular.  It ended up being one of the harder photoshoots I've done.  For the none photographers out there, when there are places that are very green and shady, it might seem like the perfect place for photos but in reality, it can create green color casts on faces that are difficult to edit out.  The goal is to find a place where you have access to the sky so that the sky can reflect off of the ground and eliminate the green color cast.  This park is hard to find places that like.  It is so forested and really busy in the places where it opens up to the sky.  The kimono was also bright pink and that also had color casts.  It was a huge pain to edit these.  It was a really good challenge for me though.  I am glad I didn't charge because it took off less pressure from me to try and get the lighting just right.  I also added a few photos from when it was pouring rain on my walk back home between the first attempt and second.  I got home soaked and while walking home in the torrential rain, I couldn't stop laughing and asking myself, "What is happening right now?  How am I living this life where I walk around for miles in the pouring rain and it is just normal?"




























 

Comments

Jess Clark said…
Boy, I love the one of Piper's heels ... the socks, their imperfect nature, the color, etc. That one grabbed me.

Popular Posts