Senior Photoshoot

A friend in the ward asked if I'd do a photoshoot for her daughter next week.  I had originally decided I would tell people, "No" if they asked because I'm still trying to figure life out and don't really feel comfortable trying to find spots to do photoshoots and such.  She asked and I really appreciate that she has offered her friendship to me so freely so I decided to do it.  She suggested a temple near her apartment.  I went there with Mike at 4:00 and by the time we got there it was totally dark and I couldn't see anything.  She said that her daughter would also like some street photography so I decided to go back this week when there was enough light and check out the temple grounds and surrounding neighborhood for good street photography options.  Felicity begged to come and I didn't really want to bring her because it is too far of a walk for and I knew that it would take too much time.  I let her come anyway and sure enough, we only had time for the temple before she got hungry and got a blister on her foot.  We caught the bus and went home.  I will need to go back this week and find some street photography options and map out the distance from the temple to those places.  I hope the photoshoot goes well because I haven't done one since July.  These were all from our trip to the temple.  

This week the kids have school off for Thanksgiving.  We invited a family over who is Japanese/American.  The mom is from Japan and the dad from America.  They have lived in both Japan and America half of the time but more recently moved back to Japan.  Their family is far away and I figured since they are used to celebrating Thanksgiving we could celebrate together.  They did say that they usually eat "light at dinner" so make it "light and casual."  Well, it IS Thanksgiving so I am not going to deliver on the light part, though, I will provide light options.  I will deliver on the casual part since we are very casual people and didn't bring any of our fancy things anyway.  I hope they aren't upset that we are having a full Thanksgiving dinner.  

This week, I hope we can do some fun and interesting things.  We plan to take the kids to the Kit Kat Chocolate factory, a cool interactive museum, and a day trip to Enoshima Island, where hopefully it won't be too cold to play in the tide pools, and we can see temples and do all the touristy things.  

I plan to put up the tree, which will annoy Isaac.  He is a very anti-tree before Thanksgiving kind of guy.  I am a sometime around the last week of November, first week of December kind of girl.  This year we are going to Kyoto on the 17th of December and won't be back until the 23rd so I want to enjoy the tree while we can and I will endure Isaac whining about it.  I'll probably even listen to Christmas music and that will put him over the edge.

















 

Comments

Popular Posts