Pre-Halloween


Today consisted of sleeping in, a walk at the park, a trip to a new bakery, the Primary Halloween party, a Halloween party for Eli, Jack-O-Lantern hamburgers for dinner, preparing for music time in Primary tomorrow, and baths for the girls.

Felicity left the house (we thought) with two clip on earrings and ended up at the church with zero.  She cried and made sure everyone know that she had earrings.  The bishop told her that she could just use her Princess wand to make them come back and she said, "Um, it doesn't actually work like that.  This isn't a real wand."  Duh.  We kept our eyes open on the way home and found one on the sidewalk and one in the entrance of our apartment.  Phew.  Now she has them to wear again tomorrow until they fall off again.  

We ordered a Halloween costume for Piper over a month ago.  It was supposed to come on Wednesday but didn't come so I asked if anyone here knew where I could find a Halloween costume last minute and the Primary President came through for me.  She had about a dozen different costumes so Mike and I walked to their apartment (about 30 min walk) and grabbed a few options for Piper.  She chose to be a Greek Goddess for the Halloween parade at school and for the Primary Halloween party today she decided to be a zombie cheerleader.  We will see what she decides for tomorrow.  I am so thankful we were rescued from our costume debacle.  Mike and I would have probably ended up walking all around town on Thursday night trying to find something she could wear.  

Felicity is really into Truth or Dare right now.  I'm sure it's something Piper taught her because I can't think of ever playing this game with her.  We rode to Hardy Barracks on Friday and she asked to play.  Her truth questions for me were things like, "If you could have a Cat or a zebra, what would you prefer?"  Her dare for me was, "When Will gets home you have to slap him on the butt."  Will was surprised when I slapped his butt and Felicity giggled and Will didn't yell "Sexual Assault!" the way Isaac would have.  My dare for her was to wear this rainbow wig we borrowed from the Primary President out in public.  She was embarrassed and wore it and secretly loved it.  

Lastly, totally unrelated to anything, I decided to live on the dangerous side and take the combustibles out tonight, even though they aren't supposed to go out until Monday night or Tuesday morning.  My punishment was that I had to witness a cockroach scurry past, and I'm pretty sure there is a rodent living in the bushes next to the trash room.  

I said unrelated but this is kind of a Halloween post and rodents and cockroaches are gross and spooky so I guess it works.  

Comments

Popular Posts