Exploring

I've had the exploring bug lately.  Mike and I woke up early one morning to drive the peak to peak scenic route.  We didn't go all the way to Estes Park (on my list!) but popped out at Boulder, a town I hadn't been to yet.  We stopped in Black Hawk, which is the teeny tiny gambling town.  There was surprisingly little snow in the mountains but it was so beautiful.  

I took the kids by myself to the Flatirons.  It was fairly warm for a winter day (50's) but by the time we got to the parking lot it was already ten degrees cooler.  We all brought jackets but didn't expect it to be so cold, or windy.  It was so windy it was hard to stand during some blasts.  There were some wind turbines across the road but we hadn't been there so we didn't know it was prone to a lot of wind.  It was so cold and so windy and we just kept laughing.  Everyone had a great time and I am always happy when we have a complaint-free adventure.  Will did remind his brothers not to complain around me so maybe they were all complaining in their heads but if they were, they didn't let it bleed into the experience!






















 

Comments

Popular Posts