Hammond's Candy

I've tried to find something different to do with the kids each week so far.  The reality is that this is by far our most lenient summer ever.  We generally have set limits on technology and I often make the kids do some school during the summer.  This year our technology rules have been very limited.  We have a set time where the computers are locked in the morning and then kick them off at night but usually they aren't even allowed on until the evening but since the whole Covid thing happened, I have really just let the rules go out the window.  Some of their friends from Florida end up being on the computer at times I normal would say no so I've let them get on early to play with friends.  Anyway, I'm sure there are some great parents with strict technology rules and schedules and that just isn't me this summer and I don't even care too much.  Right now when things are closed and we are limited in interactions with friends, I just figure my life will be much happier if I just don't stress about this area this summer.  So far, we haven't had too many issues with behavior, chores are getting done, piano is getting practiced, scriptures are being read, exercise is happening (usually), and I don't have to try and entertain kids so I'm calling it a win.  That said, I do feel like I should find something to fill some of the hours.  Last week we went to Hammond's candy shop.  I set up a tour and then we let them choose candy.  It was a fun little outing.






Comments

Popular Posts