Camping Richards Style

By now, if you follow our blog for any amount of time, you know that we don't camp.  I like camping--at least, I like the idea of camping.  I'm sure camping with kids is different and reality would probably not be what I think it will be, but, I always loved camping as a kid.  We have camped twice since being married, both my request.  Mike hated it both times and I haven't pushed it since then.  The older boys had scouts to give them camping experience and they seem to be like Mike.  They like the experience until bedtime and then hate the sleeping in a tent part.  Anyway, unless you live in Florida, summer is the time to camp!  I decided that we would pretend to camp and I had the boys set up the tent for the girls in the yard.  I made a very summery, camping themed meal, with s'mores for dessert.  We don't even have a grill or fire pit so it was a s'more dip (which everyone was happy with).  The girls attempted to sleep in the tent and they were so excited about it.  Mike and I sat on camp chairs on the porch reading books while the girls tried to go to sleep and finally at 10 we all decided it wasn't going to happen and the girls climbed into their own beds.  Sounds like the Richards style of camping is going to keep up it's streak.








Comments

Popular Posts