Pasta

Isaac started showing interest in cooking a few years ago.  He asked for a fryer one year for his birthday and since then he has continued to cook.  We paid for a subscription for an online cooking class and he has made all kinds of things from purees, steak, brussel sprouts, etc.  He wanted to make lobster and I was like, "Uh, I don't think I'm ready for that undertaking."  So instead, we went with pasta.  Making pasta is something I have always wanted to try so I was excited when he asked for a pasta attachment for Christmas.  We have made pasta a few times in the last month and it takes a long time and is a lot of work but it is so yummy.  I love it. We have made about three different dishes and the last one was on Valentines Day.  It took most of the day to make Agnoloti with Peas, Bacon, and Parmesan crisps.  It was delicious but my kids are varying degrees of picky so only Isaac and I ate it. It's so fun for me to be a part of his growth and I love that he includes me in it.  

I'm mainly focusing on Isaac's cooking but he isn't the only one that enjoys cooking in our house.  I think they all actually like to cook but Isaac does the most cooking.  Eli loves to make breakfast and Chicken Parmesan.  Will doesn't cook a ton but he loves to bake.  He actually bakes something almost every Sunday and since I'm not really a baker, I love that he has taken over that job.  










Comments

Popular Posts