Banana River

Patrick Air Force Base is sandwiched between The Banana River and The Atlantic Ocean.  There is a walk-way on base that follows the river so I decided to go for a walk one morning without the kids.  Often when we drive over the causeway we see dolphins but on my walk I mostly saw birds.  The funny thing about my walk is that I got on base and went for my walk and then the next day came back on base to take the kids to the library and get some groceries at the commissary.  When I went to pay for my groceries the check out lady informed me that I couldn't buy my groceries because my I.D had expired.  Sure enough, it had expired--about two weeks before!  I'd been off and on base multiple times since it expired and never noticed and apparently, neither did the guards on base because they kept letting me through the gates!  I went and got Will from the van (who has a current ID) and had him pay for my groceries.  I've since gotten a new ID and it was painless and easy (much different than other times I've had to get a new ID).













Comments

Popular Posts