It's been awhile

Believe it or not, I haven't posted anything since January 6th. That's a long time for me. What you have been seeing is all from Mike. I was thinking that if it takes a puzzle competition for Mike to post then we better keep having them. It seems like when I get out of the habit of blogging it's hard for me to get back into it. I think I better just jump right in and provide an update.

I like this picture. I like my husband. I like my boys. I like that Mike likes my boys and that he likes me. Things are going well with us and seeing pictures like this makes me want to kiss him. A lot. Plus, I just bought him some new clothes from Old Navy when they were having their killer clearance sale and he looks hot in his new clothes. The sweater he is wearing in the picture is not new but it's from Norway and it's warm so he's cute in that too.

This boy. I don't know what to say about him. His hair is too long. He's just about all the mischievousness I can handle some days. He says funny things like, "Just a second" or "So silly." I was holding him this morning and saw him in the mirror and realized he isn't a baby anymore. That makes me so sad and it's weird.

Ikie Likey is funny lately. He's got some pretty fun dreams. The other day a dinosaur bit him. He said the dinosaur wanted some candy and got hungry so he bit him. Later he pulled up his pant leg and showed me a bleeding owie and told me, "See. That dinosaur bit my leg." Apparently that dinosaur thought Isaac's leg was covered in candy. He is in Sunbeams now and I can't say he loves it but he doesn't scream about it like he did Nursery.

Will is just growing like a week lately. He is the tallest in his class at church and has been wearing 5T clothes for awhile. He is reading now and it is the strangest thing to me. I've never had a kid read before so it is new and exciting and makes me feel old and proud of him. I hope he always loves to read. He is also writing words now and that is also fun to see. I can tell him to write a certain word and he can do it on his own.

I have only one cake class left. I'm sad. I didn't realize how nice it was to get away once a week for a few hours. Mike is such a supportive husband and he is already searching for other classes for me to take. I love that about him. I love that he encourages me to learn new skills and that he is happy to take care of the boys and the house when I'm gone. The last cake to make is going to be a lot of work. It's already proving to be a lot of work but I think it will be worth it.

There is something else I was going to write about but this is getting long so I'll save it for later.

P.S. We've spent six hours on our puzzle and it is much harder than I expected it to be.


Comments

gillian said…
I think Eli looks like Ron from Harry Potter! Hahaha! He is a cutie. I love your cake- it looks awesome! You can make me one! I can't wait till you guys move to Colorado so I can come visit. I miss you so much.
Megan said…
I don't really know you since our husbands are the ones that knew each other in college but I've wanted to tell you for awhile that I think your boys are so adorable. A brunette, blonde, and red head! Too cute. You are a wonderful mother to read about.
Megan, Thank you! I really love that they all have different hair colors. Every time I have a baby I get to wait and be surprised by the hair color. Maybe we will get black next time....I'm not sure how that would happen though.

I think your baby is adorable! I think he is a good mix of you both.

I think blogs are so fun that people can get to know each other when they didn't even know each other before. Just so you know, your husband was always one of my favorite friends that Mike had in college.
Jess and Jason said…
I like all of your boys too. And your girl!!
The Duke said…
What a nice post. It's so nice to hear a spouse write such good, positive things about their spouse. It's refreshing in such a sarcastic, jaded world.
That photo of Eli is about the funniest thing I've ever seen! Looks like he stuck his finger in a light socket.
The cake is awesome. Love the bow.

Popular Posts