Sickness and a cake

We've had some sick kids for about a month now (with a week break in there) and it has not been fun. I've got stories I can tell. But I won't. Not now. Just know that we've had some biting, kicking, screaming, hitting, and other really annoying and mean things going on. I will mention one thing that just happened. Eli was mad at me for not letting him use the scissors so he got a butter knife from the kitchen and stabbed Diamond in the neck. Diamond is either the best dog or the dumbest, I'm not sure which, because he just sat there and took it. He didn't even yelp. Now Eli is locked in his room. Anyway, it's also freezing so we are staying home a lot lately. I love this picture because it is one of the only moments where they are sitting together, quiet and happy (and dirty). I hope everyone is healthy by the time we go to Maryland so we can have a great, relaxing time.

I started my fondant/gum paste class. Here is the first cake. I have two classes left and one more cake to make. It's fun.





Comments

gillian said…
I love it! You did such a good job! Cute cake. Don't forget to add more pictures when you make the other one!
Jess and Jen said…
Sorry about the sick kids. Mine had been healthy for a few weeks, but Leah seemed pretty sniffly at bedtime last night...I'm crossing my fingers that she wakes up better! Your cake looks awesome! What a fun thing to learn! -Jen
Tana said…
Sick kids does not sound like fun. Your cake looks great though! So cute! Your making me want to start a class.
Pitcher Family said…
Love the cake! Sad about the sick kids!
The Duke said…
Hope the kids get better.
I love the cake - smooth and neat. Looks good enough to eat.
Jess and Jason said…
That cake is beautiful!! I can't wait to see you all!! Even if the boys are sick, I will be happy to see them.
Michelle said…
I love it, so dang cute!!!!!
Lilola said…
So sorry about the kids... sick brings out the worst; except on the good days when they are exhausted! lol
The cake looks great, is fondant yummy?
Liloa, the fondant that they are having us use for the class does not taste very good. You can flavor it and it tastes a little better. Kera Butler is taking the class with with me and she found a great recipe for a marshmallow fondant that is supposed to be really good. I'll let you know how it tastes.
Beautiful cake!! I saw your husband the other night at walmart with an armload of medicine - I was on my way to the same isle for the same reason. Sick kids are not fun, and having yucky gray weather makes it worse. Hang in there.
Unknown said…
Hi,

Good one on Sickness and a cake.I recently found out 1 million children are accidentally poisoned in their homes each year.And also I did find the toxins we use in our home here www.debtfreeliving.healthyhometour.com.I think it's time we all know about the toxins we use.

Thanks,
Camilynn

Popular Posts