A little helper

Tonight was the last class for my fondant/gum paste class. I was supposed to bring a cake in ready to decorate. I went visiting teaching this morning and Mike (who is done with his semester) offered to make my cake for me while I was gone. I left Eli with Mike and took the other two boys. While I was gone Mike and Eli slaved away cooking my cake.
I decided to make a winter cake. Here is the beginning of my snowman.

Then Eli decided he was such a great helper mixing the cake and cooking it that he would be just as big a help in decorating...so he stuck his little fingers in the cake.

So, I covered the holes and came up with this.

These classes have been so much fun for me to get away for a few hours a week and do something creative. Each time I end a course I wonder if I should continue on, mainly because of the time and preparation. I probably will take the last course, which begins Jan. 4th. Hopefully I'll just get better and better. I just wish I liked eating cake more.

Comments

Michelle said…
love your cakes, if only we lived closer, I'd have you make cakes for my children's birthdays!!! I'd pay you of coarse. You do an excellent job. Love what you did with that cake, just darling.
Mommo said…
You did such a great job Adriene. Love they way you covered the finger holes. How do you like the taste of the fondant?
Michelle, I would totally make cakes for you kids. I wish I had more opportunities to make them so I could practice.

Cindy, I don't care for fondant. Kera got the recipe for the fondant Sister Orme uses and it tastes better. If you have any cake recipes you love, send them my way because I'm trying to find a way to make the cake taste as good as the decoration.
chelsey said…
What a great cake idea! And Eli's touch is just what a winter cake ordered! Keep going and come teach me how to do it will ya!?
Nolo and Lauren said…
Love it... and don't worry, I'm sure you'll find people that will help you eat cake.

Popular Posts