Who are you calling a snob?

My sister has a neighbor who's backyard doesn't really fit in the neighborhood. She has since improved her yard a bit by cutting down her weeds and finishing her pool. My sister lives in a nice neighborhood where people work hard for what they have and they take care of the things they have.

We also live in a nice neighborhood. It's not nearly as nice as my sister's by it is still very nice. Everyone has nicely manicured yards and their houses are well taken care of. My neighbors are one of those that have a very nice house; we know this because they are selling their house and we are nosey so we looked it up online.

And this is where we become my sister's neighbor

I can only imagine the bad things our neighbors want to say to us for putting this up. Tonight we are taking our neighbors cookies for Family Home Evening. We planned to do this before we put the fence up but we figure now is a good time to makes these cookies. I think we might say something like, "Hi. We are new. How do you like our fence?"

I am thinking a fast growing vine or some potted plants might spruce the fence up again. Really, I don't know why I keep saying fence because I'm not sure we can even call it that. Anyway, if anyone has a good idea for us on how to make our eye sore improved, please pass it on.

Mike sometimes likes to call us snobs because we would probably not live in any of the places we lived in when we got married. I don't know, that murderer was pretty nice when he wasn't stabbing his wife and her boyfriend.

Well, Mr. Richards, I take issue with your definition of a snob. I highly doubt a snob would put such a beauty in their yard. Perhaps we need to be a little more snobby?

Comments

JC Choate said…
Did it have something there before? If not, it looks like you can barely see it anyway besides the posts...in that case, maybe vines would do the trick- until they died in the winter, then you'd still be your sister's neighbor. haha Good luck! :)
Papa Doc said…
Your snobbery is certainly a nice kind. Your fence is alright, too. At least it does not need paint.

Dad Clark
Mandi said…
I think with some honeysuckle or perhaps a hedge or a couple of smallish trees you could hide your snobbish fence. But really, who cares what the neighbors think? It's not in their yard, is it? (I can really only say this because we're renting our house, and any complaints about it go to someone else.)
I say let the next tenants worry about it. You can be 'the snob' if you want but I sure don't see it ;). Is it up on both sides of your house? You can barely see it but trying out your green thumb might be fun too.
Pitcher Family said…
I think the fence is fine. If it keeps the dog and the kids in, then don't worry about the neighbors. They are probably glad the dog and kids are fenced in.
Elder Richey said…
At least you guys were gone when all the excitement happened. Oh my, when I think of all the crazy places we lived in before we finally got our house. Sheesh. Still, you guys were some of the BEST neighbors.

Popular Posts