All things Mike

Mike finished finals and got his grades already. It was a stress filled semester for Mike. He is smart but even smart men need some help sometimes. Some self-imposed rules Mike follows (that I greatly appreciate) are that he won't study on Sundays and he will be home for dinner every night. His hard work, combined with divine help, contributed to a happy ending. The munchkins and I decided the semester should be ended with celebrating.
We made some posters.....
Indulged in candy....
and had some bubbly (non-alcoholic, mind you) and cake.
What good is a break from school without a visit to Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati? If you don't know Mike, you may not be aware of his strange interest in grocery stores. I'm not talking about normal grocery stores. I'm talking about stores filled with food from every culture you could imagine, aisles reserved for honey and creepy jams with "hot peppers" in the titles. Stores that catch Mike's attention also have 80 lb blocks of cheese. He especially likes the brown cheese imported from Norway. My favorite find was a gallon jug of Tabasco. Sadly, we didn't buy it. We did however enjoy watching Will and Elvis do a little jig. Our visit ended with bags full of hard salami, fancy pepperoni, a gigantic carmel apple with sprinkles, spices, curry sauce, brown cheese, and truffles.
And finally, if this baby is happy, we are all happy and nothing makes him happier than to have his daddy home.

Comments

Jess and Jen said…
I made it through all of grad school without Sunday studies. In fact, I rarely studied on Sunday as an undergrad. Part of it was religious conviction, but part of it was pure laziness. "Oh, I can't study on Sundays. Guess that homework will have to wait."

Of course, I wasn't studying nuclear engineering, either; just rocket science (or so I think now)... -Jess
Cali said…
I love that last picture! How many semesters does Mike have before he completes his studies? Years? Oh, it's a lot of work and effort for all of you! What a fun way to celebrate finishing off one semester!
The Duke said…
I think what she didn't say here is that Mike got all A's.
Congratulations!!
Carolina said…
I think I would like to join all of you in your next grocery store adventure--sounds absolutely fantastic! Congrats to Mike on finishing the semester well.
Jess and Jason said…
Congratulations Mike!
Adrianne, you are such an awesome wife. I am so glad that my brother married someone who is so good to him!
Pitcher Family said…
Yeah!! Glad you got through the semester. Enjoy your break! I understand the grocery store thing. Sounds like fun to me.
Yeah! Congrats Mike! We love Jungle Jims too!! My dad always sent me there to get his Scottish Haggus-this meat mixture cooked inside a goat's stomach (gross).BUT only found at Jungle Jims ;)

Popular Posts