I concede


I have a new calling. It's not that big of a surprise to me. I am a co-teacher for the CTR 5's. There are about ten kids, 8 of which are boys. They were crazy...During the break between sharing time and class time we had a bathroom run. While kids were in the bathroom, three of the boys decided to make shapes out of their bodies. They laid on the floor and connected their legs and heads to make a triangle. There was so much noise and laughter during the lesson that I am not sure what we talked about. I was too busy telling kids to get out from under their chairs and moving myself between them. In the meantime, the sole little girl left (one of the girls went home) was sitting quietly in the corner, all prim and proper. There were a few flashes of the girlie panties but other than that, she was quiet and cute. She had cute little comments and rose her hand for each question. I just wanted to hug her and pinch her little cheeks she was so cute.


Now, it's no secret that I am in love with little boys. They are funny and full of life and emotionally easy. Yet, perhaps I can give you a little peek of what our house looks and sounds like this morning: I woke up this morning to banging on the wall at 7:00 AM followed by loud laughter. A few seconds later I hear them act like dinosaurs, growling at the top of their lungs. Ten second later they began playing bad guy-good guy Kung Fu in our living room. Then they ran into the kitchen with their stuffed animals and yell to me, "Mom, we are having a dance party in our living room for our animals!" (Why they have to yell it to me I don't know). There has been body slamming and ear piercing screams as they try to keep their stuffed animals from Eli. They have raced around the house pushing each other on their car and played/pounded on our piano while singing Book of Mormon stories. They have been jumping in the crib. So much laughing, so much noise. Mostly good noise. I don't think they have stopped yelling, screaming, laughing, growling, talking, since the minute they woke up. At breakfast we had to tell them, "We love those happy voices today but can you make them a little quieter?"


With all the action in our home this morning and after watching the obvious differences in the boys and girls in CTR 5, I have to concede that maybe little girls aren't so bad after all.

Comments

blondeviolin said…
Well, I have a little girl, and instead of dinosaurs she plays cat, which gets rather annoying as she rubs her head all over your body (including me thinking, "I JUST did your hair and now you're messing it up!"). Or getting licked.

And she's very good about running all through the house screaming and squealing at high pitches.
Jess and Jen said…
My girls have been very into the body slamming lately. They watched Freaky Friday where the mom and the daughter try to slam into eachother to switch back and now they want to do it all the time. That's a little too rough for me...I don't want any broken ribs, so I made them stop.
Michelle said…
Alyssa has always been easier than the boys, but I think that's because there's only 1 girl and 5 boys, when boys get together they fight, dog pile, yell, jump on furniture, run around like crazy people and much more. Alyssa goes to her room and reads or plays quietly. She's had her moments, but doesn't get into the fights like the boys do. I have put all my breakable stuff up until they are past their teen years.
sorry my little girl kept flashing you during class. maybe one of those talks will stick eventually. your morning with your boys sound like my mornings with my girls.
Cali said…
Oh, it's true, they aren't so bad. It always makes me laugh when I hear about all the crazy things your boys do. (And, sometimes you make me want to have more boys; they are so much fun, after all!) I think that having Olivia 2nd really calms Collin down in his crazy ideas--Olivia just doesn't play the same way that Collin and Aidon do!
I could just see that picture in my head. Very funny...and sounds so exhausting. Girls aren't so bad, you're right. I'd take a whole house of them...or maybe at least one more.
Carolina said…
Alex has been a very calm and cautious boy so far. Maybe that's because the queen of paranoia gave birth to him.

Popular Posts