How the Pee Monster Wet my Bed

An original story by Michael Isaac Richards

One morning I went into mommy's room and got in bed with her. She said to me, "Isaac, why do you have different pajamas on than the ones I put you in for bed?" I said, "I dunno." Mommy wouldn't let it end there. She asked me, "Did you pee your pants?" I said, "No." She said, "Why did you change?" I told her, "My underwear fell in the toilet." Mommy asked me how they got in the toilet and I told her, "They just fell in and so I flushed them down the toilet." Mommy sat up in bed really fast. "You flushed your underwear down the toilet? Are you lying to me?" Well, what was I going to say? "I said, no. I'm not lying. I flushed them down the toilet." Daddy ran to the bathroom and flushed the toilet then reported that it flushed just fine. I just sat there watching this funny scene.

Later, when it was bedtime. Mommy went to put me in bed. She noticed a terrible smell coming from my bed. It smelled mysteriously like pee. I was surprised. Mommy felt my bed and it was wet. How did that happen? She did not seem very happy. There weren't any more sheets for my bed so mommy put down a little blanket while my sheet washed.

Mommy is making me wear diapers to bed at night and during naptime. I don't know why. I am pretty sure a pee monster came in my room and wet my bed so mommy would think I lied to her. That bad monster! She looked for my wet underwear and couldn't find them. I told her the truth, they fell in the toilet and I flushed them.

Comments

The Duke said…
This is exactly what I used to do - I would write a story that would be from the child's point of view. I sent them all to Mom and didn't keep a copy. Keep your copies!!
You need to scare that pee monster away!
Cali said…
Very funny! I love the perspective...I really wonder how kids see things sometimes! I should think of that more often before I go beserk on them.
What I don't know is whether to award points for creativity and initiative, or subtract for subterfuge.
LOL. I think Emma's going to go to college in pull ups. She NEVER wakes up dry! He's such a talented writer.
Jess and Jason said…
HAHAHA!!! He is brillant! He can pay all of our nursing home bills with the proceeds from his book!

Popular Posts