For Mike's sanity

Dear Children,

I ought to let you know that your dad is crazy. Please help me keep him sane and don't hide in our bed after going to the park and playing for hours in the sand. Your dad can't handle the "little rocks" all over the sheets. He cannot sleep and acts like the Princess and the Pea when it comes to sand and crumbs in bed. He makes me get out of bed at midnight so he can change the sheets.

He is also going to choke when he gets the water bill from all the baths required to clean your little bodies. Our tub is filled with sand. I know you think it is cool to make paths in the sand with your heads but it is really a challenge to clean your hair when we get home.

Again, for the sanity of your father, please be more responsible with your sand playing habits.

Love,
Your mother

Comments

Jess and Jen said…
I am so totally with Mike in regards to sand and crumbs in my bed. I HATE THAT! -Jess
LOL- My Mike would do the same thing. Hilarious.
Zach and Nikki said…
Zach would totally do the same thing- he can't STAND to sleep dirty. Too funny!
Lokodi said…
I would say that it must just be a guy thing, but I can't stand it either! No eating allowed in my bed, especially cracker!!! That is such a funny story of your boys. I wish I could meet them.

Lindsey
chelsey said…
I think every man agrees with Mike. I know mine does! You're hilarious Adrianne. Love your posts.
Papa Doc said…
Adelwise, I love your posts. You have such a great sense of humor. Mike had better get used to the sand is all I can say. It is not going to go away for a long time. Like it or not, it is a boy thing, and a what a problem it would be if it was not there! Then what would those boys be?

Dad Clark
Here's the thing: I know girls like the sand, but I'm not sure if they like it as much as boys. Anyone with girls and boys want to answer that question? I have always thought that generally dirt, mud, sand, etc. was mostly a boy thing. So, I find it ironic that little boys get dirty and sandy and get it in the bed but then when that boy grows up he can't handle it. Explain that to me. It's really funny to me. I thought I had gotten all the sand out of the bed before we went to sleep but Mike obviously can feel anything.
Jason said…
I am laughing out loud here at work. Luckily the lab is mostly empty right now. I am with Mike on the sand and crumbs. The thing is, my kids are so completely comfortable sleeping with sand and grit and pieces of who know what stuck to their bodies that I am afraid to peel back their blankets some mornings. There comes an age that you just can't force them to shower. Luckily that stage also comes to an end with the onset of the teen years.
jennifer said…
Hee hee! You are so funny!

Popular Posts