I couldn't love him more

These boys...love this grown-up boy. I do too.


Today the boys and I went to visit my sister in Cincinnati. We went swimming. It was a nice visit and the boys had a great time. The ride there was bearable because it was early afternoon. The ride home was miserable. Hot and sweaty. In case you don't know, and you probably don't, my boys get super red faces the minute they get hot. Their little faces were beet red the entire drive home. Why you ask? Our air conditioner doesn't work in the van. It was in the 90's today, too hot to not have an air conditioner. The 50 minute drive ended up being 75 minutes. Bah. We were all drenched with sweat.

When we walked in the door, Mike was already home from school, snacking on some food and enjoying the cool air in our house. I was jealous. And I'm afraid my practiced request for some new refrigerant in the car didn't come out as practiced. It sounded more like, "You better show me how to put refrigerant in the car because I'm not going to drive anywhere again without air conditioning and if I wait for you to do it, it won't get done." Poor Mikey. That isn't exactly what I said or how I said it. But it was supposed to be, "Hey hon, I was wondering if you could give me a lesson on how to put refrigerant in the car. That way when you are busy I can just put it in myself."

You know, when the car he never drives runs out of refrigerant it's obviously his fault. I mean, shouldn't he KNOW there is no air conditioning even if he doesn't drive the car? Right? Right?!

He didn't say anything mean to me--no "Shut your trap, Adrianne" or, "Drop dead. It's not my fault if you are incompetent" or, "I just wanted you to see what Hell will be like when you get there."

He changed out of his uniform, went immediately to Wal Mart and then patiently and calmly showed me how to put new refrigerant in the van.

I'm dreaming of cool rides in my van.

I have a very good husband.

Comments

JC Choate said…
awww what a Happy Family! :)
chelsey said…
Cool beans! I didn't know you could even do it yourself in the first place. You rock Mike. Now maybe she'll drive down to visit us again.

The kids had a great time swimming yesterday. Jake fell asleep in two minutes flat after you all drove off. Exhausted from a day of fun in the sun!
The Duke said…
Funny post - it's not funny to be in the heat without coolant, but funny the way you went about getting it.
Send Mike my way - he can help me rip up a smelly carpet!
Rachel said…
When we came to Utah last month for my brother's wedding, my sister-in-law offered to give us a ride to the airport, which was great. She picked us up in her van, we loaded everything, and then got on our way. As we were leaving our neighborhood Charlie rolled up his window and my sister-in-law said, "you might want to keep it down, the AC is broken." AHHHH! I thought Charlie was going to jump out. It was a 103 outside and we had an hour to go. We bit our lips and endured. McKay got the worst of it in the back with no circulation. I can only imagine your red faced boys. Heaven bless air conditioning.
Jess and Jason said…
I am laughing out loud at the thought of Mike saying any of those mean things! So funny!! I am glad that you now have refrigerant in your car.

Popular Posts