Easter

The pictures aren't exactly in order but here are some pictures of our Easter weekend. The Easter bunny didn't make it to our house until Sunday afternoon. He had decided since church was early that the kids wouldn't really get to enjoy the candy and hunt. He decided to leave a piece of chocolate for each member of the family and then come later in the day. It was lightning and thundering and Diamond was whining outside the door so we decided to let him sleep inside the house that night. Mike heard him making noise so he went to investigate and found that the chocolate was gone! Diamond had eaten all the candy! Mike got mad and kicked Diamond outside. The next day we told the boys that the Easter bunny had come but Diamond ate the candy so he said he would call us after naptime and tell us to hide while he hid the eggs. That seemed to work great. He called on the cell phone to the home phone and told everyone he was coming in ten minutes. It was a great hunt and a great day.

I love this picture. Eli kept trying to shake Isaac's eggs and Isaac obviously was not happy with that.
Showing their eggs off. The Easter bunny did not bring new outfits for the boys (not a tradition in our home and probably won't ever be one) but he did get them a book and a coloring book to share for the trip to Ohio next week. He also decided to be generous this year and put some money (mostly pennies) in each egg.


Mike bought me a cupcake book I've been wanting for awhile called Hello Cupcake! I decided to try some cupcakes out for Easter. They didn't turn out quite like I would have liked them too but they were still tasty and fun to make.


We colored eggs on Friday night for the ward Easter party. They boys loved it.

Comments

chelsey said…
Your boys have the cutest expressions! Great pictures. Glad the Easter bunny was still able to come. Did Diamond get sick?
Joe and Liz said…
Cute pictures....and your cupcakes turned out adorable!! Looks like a lot of work. I've seen that book too and would love to get it. I liked the idea of putting pennies in the eggs too. I'm going to do that one next year...that's cute! Hope you guys are doing well.
Jess and Jen said…
Looks like a fun day. Will looks like a little monkey on the treadmill! How fun for you to have that book. I put it on hold at the library, but am still waiting...I can't wait to try some of those yummy looking cupcakes!!
Michelle said…
I like those cupcakes, they are so cute. I think you did a great job decorating.
Lisa said…
I have that cupcake book too, and it is SOO fun. I think yours turned out great! That is funny about the dog eating all the candy. Oh well, who needs more candy anyway?

Popular Posts