A word to the wise: Don't take a ride in our van anytime soon, but feel free to admire the sparkling outside of the van

Our house has been spotless almost all the time in over a month. It has been stressful but also rewarding. I can't wait to get to do little projects with the boys again and not be so worried about each mess. But, I also hope we can keep up the cleanliness because it is really nice to have a clean house. Not that we were ever dirty, but now that we are super clean we think we are dirty anytime something is not where it should be. There is one thing however, that is not getting cleaned. Between cleaning myself, the boys, the yard, and the house, the van gets to be dirty. Getting all of us in the van (including the dog when someone is coming to see the house) is enough work already, let alone cleaning up after everyone. I have been in cars and vans that I felt really disgusted in and was afraid to touch anything. And I'm afraid our van is that way right now. Here are the frightening pictures.
The first picture includes Will's dance shoes, mail hastily grabbed when we were trying to leave the house for someone to come look at, the Friend magazine, and other random junk. The second picture is of a shoe that Isaac refused to wear. It was freezing and he decided he'd rather have cold feet. The shoe went untouched and his feet were cold in his spider man sandals that are three sized too small.
Spilled milk from the boys playing in the van.

Isaac had something in his mouth and I asked what it was and he told me it was a raisin. I asked where it came from and he told me it came from his seat. Yuck.

We are donating stuff to Good Will and haven't made the trip yet. Anyone want some junk?! Well, I decided the van was too gross to let go any longer. So we cleaned the van.








Someone got a little wet.




The boys found a worm. Later I found them getting a bowl from the cupboard and a shovel of dirt on the kitchen floor. They were getting dirt and water for the worm to live in. Sadly, I think the worm was already dead.


And finally, the outside of the van was clean! It took so long to clean the outside of the van that the inside didn't even get touched. It takes a lot of work to watch three little kids and a dog while cleaning a van by a semi-busy street that looks so appealing to an almost one year old. Anyway, maybe the inside will get done today...

Comments

Amy E said…
Oh well! Something can't be perfect, right? I am amazed that you could keep the house so spotless with three little ones all under 4! Good job. And you are a brave woman to take this project on...you're awesome!
Rachel said…
I love a clean house, but realize with kids it's not the most important thing. My goal is to keep my house clean (carpets, bathrooms, dust etc.) but accept some of the surface clutter and things (toys) out of place. We'll see how long that lasts - remember, I only have 1 kid scooting around this place.
Cali said…
That's hilarious that Isaac refused to wear his shoe! At least he had the sandals--sometimes my kids go without shoes at all!

Looks like it was fun (and sounds like a lot of work on your part!) to get the van washed. I'll bet your boys remember this day for a long time.
Michelle said…
Enjoy the clean outside of the van at least. It seems like everytime I clean my vehicles it rains the next day. I loved coming home to a clean house after a showing, best of luck on a bite for the house!
JC Choate said…
"...indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness."

hehehe
Calista, you are just jealous! I know you want a van that is that dirty. Want a ride? I'll make sure there is a banana peel in the passenger seat... HaHaHa.
Pitcher Family said…
I just think you are doing an amazing job!!
Jess and Jason said…
Just don't take anymore pictures of it and no one will even know!!
Ali Walston said…
Please let us know about how things go with moving. We miss you so much and hope you'll keep in touch. Please let us know when/if you come to Utah...no matter where in Utah you may be.

Popular Posts