my oh my, I am never without something to say




We haven't sold our house yet but we are getting a cell phone, which is almost as good, right? Now we get to join forces with all the cell phone addicts out there. Don't tell me you aren't because I don't believe you. My rules are: no talking on the cell phone while in the car and don't use the cell phone unless your house phone has so much static that you can't hear anything, and don't use the cell phone unless you are away from home and NEED to call someone. The last rule is a little confusing because what if I NEED to call Jess because I haven't talked to him in awhile. Or what if I NEED to call Mike and tell him the funny thing that just happened? I will have to make this rule more clear.

Back to the house. We haven't sold it but I don't think I can complain too much since it's only been on the market a month. We may go broke paying a house payment and rent but at least we will have a cell phone. Then when we can't make the phone payment we can at least pretend we are talking to someone on it so we can look cool. All joking aside, I want to sell our house if for no other reason than I keep having nightmares about someone showing up at our house to look at it and there is trash everywhere--utensils, papers, clothes, food, etc. Piles of junk and it always seems to surprise me. Like I go to sleep with the house clean and wake up to the mess. I am frantically cleaning everything (by myself I might add) but can't get it cleaned in time and the people show up and I'm so embarrassed and frustrated. How could it have gotten so dirty in just a matter of hours?! So, our house needs to sell soon so I don't go out of my mind.

My hand has tendinitis and it is really annoying. Typing with the brace looks like this: t yp ing wit h t he brac e loo ks l i ke th is. Good thing I generally take it off while I type. Also, the velcro keeps snagging my clothes. After waking up a few times the other night because my wrist hurt I finally gave in and decided I ought to wear it to bed (oh, and take the medicine). There didn't seem any point in it previously because what can I be doing with my wrist while I sleep? But for some reason I kept waking up with it in such weird positions and it hurt. Last night I slept with the brace only to rip it off my wrist half way through the night when the velcro kept hitting me in the face when I'd turn over. I have an nagging feeling that my other wrist is now starting to have similar problems. My body is falling apart. This is not my first go around with this though and the first time the brace worked fine. It is taking longer this time around but it's not too serious, nor is it that painful--just achy and annoying.

Tonight we are going to the temple and I'm excited because we had a goal of going every month and were doing really well at it until Mike got released and I got a ticket by accidentally going through the toll (yes, it really was an accident). Those don't seem to be related to our temple attendance but they are. Anyway, we are going again tonight and I'm excited. The temple in Ohio is further than the 45 minute drive to the Oklahoma City temple so we have to get all we can in in the next 33 days.

I found a new verse to memorize, though I am only going to use part of the scripture. "...let your soul delight in fatness." 2 Nephi 9:51. Now when I start feeling sad about my never receding belly, I can pop that in my head and feel better. I know that isn't exactly what the scripture was talking about but still...

And finally, we are so stinkin' lucky, or blessed. Both. Every year Will needs new clothes and then I have to go on a hunt for new clothes. I wrote about this on my family blog but I am NOT a shopper. I want my kids to look cool and hip in Old Navy and Gap and the Children's Place. But I cannot swallow the prices. Nor do I shop enough to know when or where the deals are. Plus, between my mom and my mother-in-law, I have been ruined. My mother-in-law can find clothes for such good deals and my mom had no problem with hand me downs. So, if I can't find something for under $4 I have a hard time buying it, for kids that is. I usually hop on ebay and look for lots and then bid about $3 an item. I couldn't find any so I decided to pray about it which might seem silly to you but he really needed some clothes. So the next day I found a huge lot of clothes--75 pieces, plus another lot of 10 shorts. I bid on them and won them and ended up paying around $110 for 85 items. That is a whole lot of clothes but there were long sleeve shirts and short sleeve shirts and pants and shorts and some jackets so he should be able to wear them all year long and now Isaac will have some clothes to wear when he gets older too. And since there is so much to choose from, they shouldn't be too worn out by the time Eli gets them.

So now Will is taken care of but I was starting to worry about Eli. By now, all the clothes are worn and stained and there were starting to be slim pickings for him. Yesterday I was at my friend's house. She has a little boy and a little girl and is done having babies. She passes on her girl clothes to our friend's the Choates and then passes her boy clothes on to me. Her boy is Will's age but much bigger than him so we previously got some 3T clothes from them. Yesterday she gave us 100 pieces of clothing sizes 6-18 months, and then some shoes and some winter hats. Amazing. A lot of them are winter clothes so he might need a few more summer clothes but really, no complaints here! We feel so blessed. Maybe every where we live we can hook up with a friend that buys super nice clothes for their kids and then wants to pass them on.

We really have so many blessings in our lives right now and I feel a peace lately that everything else that might not be the way I want them to be will just work out. Even if things won't work out how I want them to, they will work out. They always do.

Comments

The Duke said…
My goodness! I don't think I ever had that many clothes for my kids in my life! What a landfall! Yeah for great friends and great buys.
I chuckled over your velcro night event but I'm sorry that you have tendinitis. How did you get that? What causes it?
Mom
http://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/guide/arthritis-tendinitis

Check this link out to know more about tendinitis. I am sure it has something to do with using my right hand more after having babies. I got it after Isaac as well. The doctor said just stuff like repeated lifting can cause it.
Rachel said…
About your body falling apart. . .Charlie emailed me a link to an article all about how old age starts at 27. Here it is: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509362,00.html
Frances said…
It only takes us about an hour to get to the temple, it is an easy pleasant drive...you have to make a reservation though to do work, don't forget!!

Popular Posts