It's about time to move...

Adrianne wanted me to post a couple things today. The first is that I was released today. "Hallelujah!", according to Adrianne. The second thing is that I am back from my trip to California. I was in Santa Ana for 2 days last week (I traveled Tuesday and Friday, so gone for 4 days). It was nice--warm and pleasant. I saw more fancy cars in those two days than I expect are in all of Oklahoma. We went to the beach and I got to visit my parents and my mom's parents. It was nice and sad. Grandpa had a stroke in December and now doesn't remember things very well. My parents are out there getting the house ready to accommodate grandpa and and his new health problems.









Another thing I want to mention: We got a 2 screen DVD player system for the van for our coming trip. I'm excited that we might be able to distract the children for fairly long periods of time during the trip...except for Eli.

Comments

blondeviolin said…
Yay for entertaining the kids! That sure will help. :)

So can I be nosy and ask if they've replaced you yet, Mike? I'm sure Adrianne is super pleased to have a bit more time with you. :)
the DVD player is a must for our family road trips. It's either DVD's or the children have to go. Good purchase.
Cherstin--Dean is the new Bishop with Jason and Brother Hartzog as his 1st and 2nd counselors.

Brooke--we're really excited to see how long we can keep the kids happy. Hopefully it will be long enough to prevent us from strangling them.
Jess and Jen said…
Congrats on the release and the DVD player for the car...very exciting! --Jen
Pitcher Family said…
I am so glad that you got to visit grandpa and grandma. I am sure they enjoyed seeing you. Also, I am sure it pleased mom and dad.
We love our dvd player for the car. We put one screen in the far back seat and one in the middle seat so all the kids can see it. Long trips are still not fun, but much easier. If only we could install an ice cream machine, a bathroom and a self clean mode...
Papa Doc said…
I'm glad you got to see your grandpa. You might not have the opportunity too many more times. I'm sorry that he is having difficulty.
I love the photo of the pelican! (As you would have guessed.)
Mom C.
Jess and Jason said…
Our DVD player in the van is a life saver. It is one of the ones that hangs from the ceiling so everyone can see it. And it is illegally placed, so really, EVERYONE can see it. Including the driver. Which is nice and dangerous.

I am so glad that you got to go and see Grandpa. I am sure it meant a lot to Mom and Grandma, even if Grandpa didn't remember who you were. Thinking that we may someday be mom in that situation scares me to death!

Can't wait to see you.

Popular Posts