What we were doing when we weren't watching conference



My sister called me this past week and told me she and my sister Lindsey were talking about how they were jealous of me. I couldn't figure out why. She said that I always do projects with the boys and that makes me a good mom. Who am I to deny them of their good opinion of me? So, I've decided to keep posting the projects we do just so I can keep you all thinking I'm a good mom. Actually, I really appreciated the comment--it came at a good time.
On Saturdays I go exercise for an hour in the morning since Mike is home. I went last week and ran for 35 minutes. It was much hotter than it was this morning and the last five minutes killed me so I walked the rest of the way. This morning I went running and was happy to find that I could run for fifty minutes! It felt wonderful and I want to go again. It reminded me of when I used to be a runner and how I've always thought running a marathon (or half) would be fun. Maybe some day I'll be in shape enough to do that.

Eli is really cute lately. He is almost CRAWLING. Impossible! He is really just scooting but gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth. He is also attempting to get himself into a sitting position while laying down. He will roll onto his side and then prop himself up on one arm into a semi-sitting position. His hair is adorable--starting to grow over his ears and he is pasty white. I also love his gigantic bottom lip. I think this crying face is so funny. Look at what a mean mom I am for taking so many pictures of my children crying.

Comments

Pitcher Family said…
I love your butterflies! I am so impressed with your running for 50 minutes!! Way to go!
Eli is a cutie, crying or not.
Dad and Mom said…
I've always thought that you are a great Mom! I did notice something tricky about the pictures of Eli.....shall we see if any one else notices?
Papa Doc said…
The only thing I noticed about the photos is that Eli looks just like his daddy did when he was crying - their mouths are just the same. He is cute, crying or not. I can't wait to become acquainted with him!
Mom
Jess and Jason said…
50minutes!! You are amazing!

You are a great mom, even without fun crafts.

He gets the giant bottom lip from Mike.
Lokodi said…
That red hair throws me off. All your boys look so different from each other. My kids are like clones.

BTW, I started feeling guilty that I never do any projects with eva, so today I let her finger paint. That's the best I've got. I love those butterflies. I wouldn't know how to do that. Where do you get all your ideas?

50 minutes is absolutely amazing. I can usually only run for 40 and that kills me to the point where I can't walk for a whole day afterward. But it does give you a rush huh? That's amazing Adrianne.

Lindsey
Lindsey, some of the ideas come from when I taught at Head Start. I get some ideas off the internet and then I also bought an arts and crafts boolk.

Here is what you need for the butterflies:

Black construction paper
Colored tissue paper
Glue (tape, glue sticke, whateveryou prefer)
Scissors
hole punch
string

I just cut the shape of the butterfly out the night before and then I cut the tissue paper a little bigger than the hole if that makes sense. Then I let the boys choose the colors they wanted and helped them glue it on. I let them make the hole with the hole punch and tied some string on them. Easy as pie.

My thing with doing projects with the boys is to decide beforehand what I want them to do and then try and prepare whatever I can first. Isaac doesn't really know how to cut so I help him but Will does and can cut shapes out if I draw them for him. So, he gets to cut his stuff out. I try really hard to not care if it gets messy or doesn't look perfect that way they can feel proud that they did it. Also, if I am prepared for the mess it doesn't bother me. If we are going to do playdough I just count on there being a mess so when it happens we just hurry and clean the table and sweep.

But, like I said before, my house is a good place for dirty projects because it's never clean enough in the first place!
Michelle said…
Great job on those butterflies, those are so cute, can you post how you made them? Alyssa's room is all butterflies so I would love to make her more. And Wow to running for 50 minutes. That is impressive. I only run for 10-15 minute spurts, then I walk real fast, then run again for 15 minutes again, sometimes I climb on a high incline for 10 minutes inbetween runs, either way I haven't yet run 50 minutes straight. I think the longest ever was 35 minutes. I'm so impressed. You'll be in shape in no time doing that.
Michelle, I wish I would be in shape in no time but it is so hard to get in shape with these three kids. I went to the YMCA so I could exercise and they boys could play in the child care area. I was only in there for 27 minutes and they had to come adn get me because the baby had leaked out of his clothes and kids aren't allowed to be in there if their clothes are wet. It was just funny to me because things like that happen all the time. I try so hard to make exercise work, you know and then something ruins it. At least I'm trying. Don't expect me to look great when I come out. But, I'm trying...
Team Clark said…
That's great that you run so much - I wish I could too, although I'm not much of a runner. I ran a little when I was at my parents, but now that I have to take my kids with me when I go, I just walk - me running and pushing 80 pounds at the same time just isn't working out!
You ARE a very creative Mom - I think it's great! You need to teach me how to do more stuff like that.
I can't wait to meet Eli!

Popular Posts