A week of firsts

He is trying to sit.
The first bath with all three of them--too rowdy for the baby!
He found his feet and sucks his toes. It's cute, and gross.


This morning we were singing a rousing rendition of "Choo, Choo, the Big Train" while I was getting the muffins out of the oven. Mike just bought me those rubber muffin "tins" and I have to say that I love them. I am completely converted and will never go back. Anyway, you have to put the rubber muffin tins on a cookie sheet. I was getting it out with one hand and had the baby in the other. We got to the part of the song where we sing, "Choo, Choooooooo" and the baby screamed. I didn't see anything happen but realized it was a "I'm in pain"cry and not a "that loud version of choo, choo just scared me". He had wiggled his little hands and gotten burnt! I immediately ran his little fingers in the water but they blistered instantly. The poor kid cried for a long, long time. It made me so sad.

Will went to a dance class for the first time this past week. He really loved it but he was the only boy and I have to reiterate the fact that boys and girls are very different. I was hoping for a jazz or hip-hop class but it looks like they only have ballet and tap. He was so funny to watch. He wasn't shy at all and kept running around because he was so excited. He got to do the balance beam and somersaults. After, he didn't want to leave and just kept dancing when everyone else left. We are going to check out tumbling and see if he likes that better. I am hoping there will be boys at the tumbling. We had originally looked at into soccer and t-ball but it was twice as much.

As for Isaac's "first," he had a cold last week....and DIDN'T get an EARACHE!! Triumphant first for him! Not a first, but still cool, is that he keeps going potty in the toilet. He doesn't go every day but he always asks me if he can sit on the toilet and sometimes goes and only sometimes falls in ;)

Comments

Zach and Nikki said…
Hurray for firsts! That's exciting about Isaac. Pretty soon you'll only have one in diapers- again.
BTW it was so fun to talk to you last week- thanks for giving me a call.
Ange said…
Hey! I love seeing what your sweet little family is up to. (I'm still trying to potty train Anna...it's just so inconvenient!) Your boys are adorable!

Angela
Papa Doc said…
You should have taken some pictures of the Will at Dance. Did he have on a tu tu? That could have given you a good behavior picture to brib him with when he gets older.

So Ike wants to go to the potty again after falling in before? that is amazing. You should just put him in the tub or take him swimming.

Sorry about the burn. They sure hurt, and for a little guy's first one, I'll bet it was bad. Kiss him for me and tell him I love him and the other boys, too.

Dad Clark
That bathtub looks pretty busy to me too! The look on his face says it all....and so glad you're getting another one potty trained. That's such a great feeling!
Jess and Jason said…
Very fun stuff, except the baby's hand. Don't feel bad. That sort of thing just happens. We can't wrap them in bubble tape and protect them from everything. Although my kids would probably like that!

All of my kids have loved tumbling. Ryan starts his first class next week.
Lokodi said…
I can't believe Eli is sitting already! That's crazy and way early. Gabe is six months and he refuses to sit because that would me he'd have to be still for more than two seconds. Instead, he is trying to crawl. I don't think I've ever heard of a baby crawling before they learned how to sit up. You little boy is amazing!

That Will sure is a looker. He's going to have all the girls one day.

Lindsey

Popular Posts