The first of the explanations

Let's start with the Colorado thing. Mike got picked to fill a third spot teaching Mechanical Engineering at the Academy in Colorado Springs. He hasn't gotten an official letter or assignment so I guess something could happen to change things but as of right now that is what will happen. So, for the next year we will be here in Oklahoma then we will move to Dayton, Ohio where Mike will get his masters in mechanical engineering. He will have to finish the degree quicker than expected and then we will move to Colorado. We have mixed feelings about this assignment but Mike felt prompted to apply even though he wasn't sure he wanted it. We found out after applying that if the Academy wants you they trump everything else so while he really wanted to get an electrical engineering degree, his name has been removed and he is no longer able to apply for that degree. So, it seems that this is in fact where Heavenly Father wants us. It is still a long ways away until we get there but these are our current plans for the next six years.

For interest sake we made this comparison for ya'll to see of our past and future places of residence.

Population
Provo: 107,036
OKC: 531,073
Dayton: 159,458
Colorado Springs: 371,686

Average temps in January/July
Provo: 22°F/94°F
OKC: 24°F/92°F
Dayton: 22°F/87
Colorado Springs: 16°F/85°F

Snow fall totals a year in inches
Provo: 57
OKC: 3
Dayton: 18
Colorado Springs: 41

Average income
Provo: $38,044
OKC: $40,233
Dayton: $30,864
Colorado Springs: $50,948

Home age/cost
Provo: 29 years /$190,800
OKC: 32 years/$116,200
Dayton: 55 years/$172,000
Colorado: 26 years/$222,400

There you have it. My favorite is the 3 inches of snow compared to Provo's 57. Anyway, here are the links if you want to check out more.
Colorado Springs
Dayton
OKC
Provo

Comments

Jess and Jen said…
I have a hard time believing Provo gets 57 inches of snow a year. I'm not even sure Sundance gets that much...

Another source of city information (I don't know if it's more accurate than what you were looking at) is this:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma.html
Holy...I guess I should have had you do all our research on this for us. The site I found compared to yours isn't quite as detailed. The stuff I have listed and the stuff on the site you found are similar though. They don't seem too far off from each other.

I was surprised about the snow in Provo too. I don't remember that much snow. And, it seems like Oklahoma is colder than Provo and hotter but I think it is because of the wind and humidity that Oklahoma has that Provo does not.
I think the reason you both think that 57 in. is too much is because you are not counting the inches of snow that fall and then immediately melt... I'm not sure if regular statistics do either, but I remember lots of snow falling that didn't stick.
Pitcher Family said…
I have heard from many people that Colorado Springs is a very beautiful place.
You will closer to us then... if you call that close.
Papa Doc said…
Yeah! You will be a lot closer to us -- I'm always in favor of that! I hope this is a great assignment for Mike and that he learns to love it. I'm sure he will do a great job there.
Mom C.
Jess and Jason said…
Yeah, that snow fall was shocking! 57 inches!!!

I am so excited to have you close for a little while!! Yeah. And I am happy at the thought of you being so much closer to your family.

Popular Posts