We've been tagged

Ok, we were both tagged multiple times by people and haven't done it yet. Both Mandy and Ali tagged me (Adrianne) but I've already done that tag. It's somewhere in the archives but I'm too lazy to find it and link it. Mike will answer his first.


Seven things you might not know about me:


1. I've flown around the entire world (Provo to Norway, Norway to Korea, Korea to Provo)

2. I'm very jumpy and get embarrassed easily (Adrianne likes to take advantage of this)

3. When I was in fourth grade I lived in Seattle and was in a gifted student program. They had us do a project. I decided to do a "Save the Environment" project. I went around trying to convince people to save our environment and got to do an interview on a radio program. It was at this same time that I was convinced that whales would soon be extinct and the world would end because of it. I've since changed my opinion as evidenced by my eating whale meat on my mission.

4. When commercials came on saying something would be on at a certain time it took me a long time to figure out that the program was being shown on that channel. I used to think, "But they don't say what channel it's on. How can I watch it at 7:00 if I don't know what channel?" Similarly, it took me awhile to figure out Rocky never went crazy and became Rambo.

5. I've camped in the Swiss Alps.

6. I sometimes do weird things when I'm sleeping. One time I woke up and went to brush my teeth, but my toothbrush wasn't there. In fact, the toothbrush holder was missing. I knew I had brushed my teeth before going to bed that night so it must have disappeared during the night. I tried to remember if it was still there when I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, but all I could remember was getting a drink of water. I went back to my bedroom and was startled to find the toothbrush holder sitting on my night stand. I try not to think what creepy things I must have drunk out of that toothbrush holder. I also have weird dreams and wake up doing odd dramatic things. I have very violent dreams sometimes where I am saving the world by killing people with my pencil as my only weapon. Usually when I have guns they don't work. I pull the trigger and the bullet lands about three feet in front of me. Very frustrating.

7. I am learning Chinese. I listen to Chinese when I drive to and from work and have an MP3 player that has just Chinese on it. I listen to it while exercising at the gym. Adrianne is embarrassed for me because I practice my words while I'm on the treadmill even when others are around. She says she would think I was weird if she came in to exercise and heard me talking Chinese to myself while I ran.


I tag: Mike Greenstreet, Jason, Lance, Andy, and Ralph



Purse tag:

Ok, so here's the thing: I don't usually carry a purse, which is why I lose my keys and wallet probably. Anyway, I went to this Enrichment activity and since I'm in Primary, I didn't hear we were supposed to bring a purse. I just brought my wallet and keys like normal. We had to weigh our purses on a scale. I, of course, won the contest of the lightest purse. Since I was the winner I got this shiny silver purse with a sparkly snap. Pretty cool. I feel like a teenager carrying it around. So, here are the contents of my purse. It is pretty lame....two of the items I put in this morning. I usually have a bunch of receipts in the purse too but threw them away a few days ago.


1. Show your bag





2. Show ALL of the contents of your bag... NO cleaning it out first!

Contents: Wallet (has pretty much everything I need...insurance cards, license, appointment cards, cash for commissary baggers, receipts, etc.), one penny, keys, lip gloss, lotion.

Pretty lame purse. I tag: My sisters and sister-in-laws Mandy, Jessie, Chelsey, Jen, Amy, Michelle, Lindsey, Laura (both Lauras), Gillian, Katy, Nancy....hmmmm, did I forget someone?

Comments

Carolina said…
Mike--it's fun getting to know you a little bit more. Very funny and interesting tidbits. Adrianne--really, you don't carry a purse? But what about the chapstick, the sunglasses, the pen and paper, the hair clip, the cell phone, today's outgoing mail, the lotion, etc. Doesn't everybody carry all of these all the time . . . ? Or am I just a masochist?
Pitcher Family said…
Mike, sometimes I forget how entertaining you are! Can't wait to see you all soon. Adrianne, I don't carry a purse either, just a diaper bag.
Jess and Jason said…
I learned a little about Mike that I probably didn't need to know. All I have to say is...GROSS!!

And that is the neatest purse I have ever seen. I have just recently become a purse carrier. I just found that I lost my keys and wallet a lot less frequently when they were together in a bag.
Jason said…
I may be a little slow here but what exactly does it mean to be "tagged"? By the way Mike, the next time you happen to be in Iowa City, feel free to stop by the lab and be my interpreter. I know a few words and phrases in Chinese but that's it. I wish I spoke it so that I could communicate with some of the people in lab a little better.
Zach and Nikki said…
Mike, I think it's great that you practice Chinese while working out. It's funny that you're easily embarrassed, but that doesn't embarrass you.
Adrianne, way to go for not carrying a purse around! I envy you and your freedom- the purse, or diaper bag is like a ball and chain if you ask me- it goes with you everywhere and it's sooo heavy!
Jason, to be taggedmeansthat you have to do it on your own blog now. Just tell us seven things people might now know about you.

Popular Posts