My peeps are gone!

I was going through our candy shelf in the kitchen a few weeks ago--we have a shelf in the kitchen where we put almost all of our candy (not the hundreds of candy bars that we keep above all the linens in the hallway) to discourage us from eating them all too much--and I found the peeps from last Easter that I had opened up and set in there to let them get stale. I was really excited when I found that they were super hard and totally brittle. I ate part of one, and put the rest back on the shelf. Today, I went to get them so I could take a picture of them and show you all my super stale peeps. I was excited because I hoped you all share in the same delight of stale peeps. Only, instead of my stale peeps, what did I find? New Easter candy...I was very disappointed. Adrianne said, "They were in there so long, I figured you weren't going to eat them, so I threw them away."!!! grrrr... Now I have to wait a whole 'nother year to have good peeps. Some people!

And now, as she is reveiwing this post she says, "And I didn't even buy peeps this year because you didn't even eat them last year."!!! ahhhh

Comments

Jess and Jen said…
Mike, what about super-stale peeps do you like? I've never heard of anyone eating peeps in their stale state. I for one, can't even stand them in their non-stale state... -Jess
chelsey said…
I agree with Jess! Peeps are gross!!!! My kids won't even eat them -- and they like marshmallows! You just let them harden and eat them later? I'm trying to avoid all easter candy this year. I'm proud of myself for not getting any yet! Of course the kids wish I'd gotten some.
Carolina said…
This just cracked me up!!
Jess and Jen said…
I don't know about super stale year-old peeps, but I do love to open the package and let them get hard for a day or two then eat them. I LOVE peeps, but they are even better when they are a little hard. Yum! -Jen
Mike says, "Jen understands she's just never experienced the super stale state of peeps. She is missing out."

Adrianne says, "Yeah, but the super stale state of peeps can crack your tooth."

Popular Posts