Donuts

What you need:

pop biscuits (any kind you want)
sugar (white, powdered)
paper bags
oil
deep fryer or sauce pan (we use a sauce pan because we don't have a deep fryer)
something to make a hole in the dough (we use the top of the soy sauce pourer but anything with a small hole will do)

1. Take the pop biscuits and poke holes in them.
2. Make sure the oil is hot but not too hot
3. Put the dough in the oil and take them out when they are just golden
4. Transfer to a plate with napkins and let sit for just a minute (this is optional. I think if you put them in the bag too fast the sugar just gets sticky).
5. Before the dounut is totally cooled put in a paper bag (we double them because when you shake them the sugar sneaks out of the bottom and gets all over the floor)
6. Shake! Shake! Shake!
7. Eat

In my family my mom used to actually make the dough for the donuts and they were so much more yummy but they take more time than I'm willing to take with the two boys. So this is an easy, fun way. Will loved shaking them. I hope you enjoy!

Comments

Jess and Jen said…
That's funny! I've never thought of cutting out a hole for the donuts. I have always just poked a hole with my finger!

We made these tonight...so yummy!
Steff said…
I feel like I want these right now. Maybe I will make some tonight. What was that I told everyone about eating better after New Year's...um, I gotta go! :)

Popular Posts