An assortment of projects

I've been trying to organize our house better and encourage Will to keep his room clean. So I just bought a magnet board and took pictures of him doing certain "chores" and then got wallet sized pictures of them and lamanited them. When he finishes he gets to move the picture to the other side of the board. We'll just hang it in his room by his bed so when he goes to bed he can see what he's done that day.






We had playgroup yesterday and met at the church. We let the kids play in the nursery and then we set up tables on the other side of the nursery and made little quiet books. I made two. One is just the creation. I cut out little pictures of the creation and then glued them on a 6x6 piece of cardstock and then covered them with contact paper. The other one was made the same way except I cut out pictures of Gordon B. Hinckley, the temple, Jesus, missionaries, etc. On the back of each page I put the words of the Primary song that went with that picture. I took a picture of it but I'm not sure what happened to it. Anyway, this project was brought to you by my friend Ali Walston. Playgroup is such a fun place for the kids and the adults.

Other projects have included finding storage bins for our extra/craft room. I didn't want anything you could see through but most of those bins are either flimsy or $20. I need about six of them. So I just bought some thick plastic red bins. It looks better but still not as nice as I'd like. I just can't see myself paying $20 for a decorative bin that is going to have odds and ends in it.

Finally, I've been working on our Primary bulletin board. I need to get pictures of all the kids and then when we have a spotlight we call one of the kid's parents and ask about a time the child chose the right. We have a little CTR shield that says, "Midwest City 1st Ward children are Choosing the Right." Then we just put their picture up after we spotlight them with a label that says the right choice they made.

Comments

Pitcher Family said…
You are such a great mom!! Let us know how the chore board works with Will. I am constantly amazed by all the things that you do! I wish I could go to your playgroup. Our play group "Mommies R Us" mostly just goes to the church gym and plays with balls... good, but not as fun as yours sounds.
Frances said…
What good ideas. I should make some quiet books. And I love that chore idea. You are so creative!
You guys are so nice. I can't take any of the credit for my "good ideas." I am pretty unoriginal. I just steal ideas from people. I thought of the chore chart and was thinking I was so smart and then remembered one of my friends has one similar to that so I am not as smart as I think. He doesn't really have chores. The chores consist of cleaning his room, brushing his teeth, reading scriptures together as a family (because we forget and this will help me remember), and helping set the tabel. Also, the quiet books weren't my idea either. But I'm glad to know how to do them now so I can make more.
Steff said…
What? Super Mom, can you give me some lessons on how to be a better Mom? You are always doing cool things with your kids. Great ideas. I should try the chore chart with Win. We are trying to figure out a way to teach him responsibility. I saw a cute, easy idea for a quiet book on Good Things Utah that I am working on. I'll let you know if it turns out well.
Jess and Jason said…
Adrianne, I don't think you give yourself enough credit. You have great ideas, and even when they are not your ideas, you still excel at whatever it is. I see lots of really cute ideas all the time, but don't do anything about them. You are amazing.

I love the idea of Will being able to acknowledge the things he has accomplished that day. It will help him to feel good about being productive. Maybe I need one of those boards with pictures of me exercising, doing laundry, cleaning the floor, etc.

My friend takes all the pictures out of the Friend and puts the in page protectors for the kids to look at during Sacrament meeting. You could also do that with the stories and then keep them in your Primary closet in case you have an emergency and need something to fill time (no one did sharing time, etc...I have had that happen!)
Lisa said…
That is a really good idea about the chore chart. Heidi would love something like that. I am going to try it.

Popular Posts