We're off!

We are finally on our way to Utah after a 1 1/2 year absence. We are excited but dreading the 20 hour drive with the two boys. My sister said to me, "Well, it won't be too bad. They will just sleep in the car." My response was, "You obviously don't know my children." It is weird because she really doesn't know them. She met Will when he was 9 months old and only saw him for a few days. She has never met Isaac. No one but my mom has met Isaac. Living away from family makes me really sad at times but I just try not to think about it.

Preparations for our trip:

1. Drop the boys off at the church Friday night for the Achievement Day girl's service project. They watched all the little kids in the ward so the young couples could go on dates. Heaven.
2. After dropping off the chitlins we went to the commissary where we filled our basket full of fattening, sugary goodness that will make us (um, me) gain about 10 lbs.
3. Then we went to the library to check out a Harry Potter CD for the trip and to pay for a book that Will ruined--thankfully, only the first.
4. We forgot to bring cash for the book so had to make a return trip the next day. The book was three bucks and Will got to keep the book. His friend Talon and his mom were over last night and we told her about the book. She saw the book and said, "Don't let Talon see that book. It's his favorite and he will be crushed when he realizes it isn't at the library anymore." Ha. I guess Talon hasn't learned Will's secret: Ruin the book, have mom and dad pay three bucks and the book is all yours.
5. Spend 2 freaken hours at Wal Mart getting our oil change. Come to find out they were done with the car in about 25 minutes, called for an Andrea, and then forgot to call the name again. What is so hard about saying, "Adrianne"? Maybe they can't read. I walked the entire store, checked out some coveted CD's, read two fitness magazines, and only came away with two pj's for Will that were on the clearance rack.
6. Get our friends to water our garden. Then last night there was a monster storm from the remains of the tropical storm that hit Texas. We have enough water to last the entire time we are gone and I'm sure our hard work in the storm shelter will have to be repeated.
7. Make reservations at a hotel past Denver. We made sure they had a pool for the boys and a fitness center. After all the junk we are going to need to work out.
8. Buy the Harry Potter book so I can read to Mike while he drives.
9. Get phone numbers of friends to visit
10. Clean the house
11. Do all the laundry
12. Find the only sippy cup that doesn't leak. Will likes to hide things. I lost my keys a few months ago (not the ones in Belgium but the copies after I accidentally sent those in the package to my brother). I happened to find the lost set a week ago hidden in an unused drawer in Isaac's room. We found the sippy cup and it smelled like rotten milk.
13. Pack all our clothes
14. Eat all the leftovers
15. Borrow movies from Talon so the boys can be distracted on the trip
16. Get Around the World in 80 days on CD since everyone wants to get Harry Potter and it would be a year before we actually could check it out. We also got a book on CD for Will.
17. Buy batteries for our camera since I lost the battery charger. Mike says, "Looks like we get to buy a new camera." We've wanted a new one forever but somehow I think a van will take precedence. We'll just add a camera to our long list of wants.

I think that is it. Hopefully it is. We are going to Utah!!! See ya soon fam.

Comments

Jess and Jason said…
I hope you guys have a great trip! All of the preparations were worth it!

Popular Posts