MMSM--Kiddie-isms part 1

Normally I would be thrilled about this MMSM because I talk about my boys on this blog all the time. But yesterday Isaac (usually the culprit) had me in tears at church and the experience is still fresh on my mind. My favorite comment yesterday was, "I'm not sure who the kids were that were sitting behind me--you know the ones that refused to sit and be quiet? It made me smile to remember what it was like to have kids at church. It's hard to teach them reverence." Of course I didn't admit they were my kids. The other comment was, "Don't worry about your kids. You should have been here a few years ago. There was one family..." I feel bad for the mother of those children because I have heard many stories about those kids. The problem is that they aren't in the ward anymore so now my kids have taken their place. And lest you think I'm exaggerating and just self-conscious about my children and therefore, not recognizing the other naughty children, I will tell you that I am the only one with kids naughty enough to have to take them completely outside in the 100 degree weather to get them far enough away so no one can hear the screaming.


So, I guess today is the perfect day for this.

Comments

Jess and Jason said…
We actually have three (yes, seriously) families that spend 100% of sacrament meeting in the foyer with their kids because their kids are so noisy. And sometimes we make four. This Sunday one of my friends told me that Austin is really good sitting all by himself in the pew. I told her it is just because he is used to sitting by himself because the rest of us spend so much time in the hallway.
Don't worry, they are still little and will grow out of it. I know that you are a good mom and are doing a great job!

Popular Posts