If we applied for Clean Sweep we'd qualify

Help! Mike and I are trying to be more organized. We have been making lists lately to help us. I have made a chore chart/meal chart for myself and just started a Family Home Evening list.

There is one area in our house that needs some major organizing. We have this extra room where we put all our random things we use. We have an attic where we put all our storage stuff but the things in this room we use regularly. I know where everything in this room is when I need it. But it looks like a disaster! I should add that the rest of our house DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THIS. Anyway, I need some help. I'm not exactly sure what things I need to make this room more organized. Should I use containers? If so, what kind? The clear ones will just show all the stuff inside, which will kind of defeat the purpose. Or, should I make some kind of curtain that I can close?

I need a cheap solution. Cheap being the key word. Any ideas?

This first picture is where we keep our weights, craft stuff, scrapbooking stuff, bubbles, chalk, etc.

The second picture is of our piano. It is usually much cleaner than this.

The third picture is where we keep our church binders and music stuff. As you can see this whole room is a mess. Thankfully, you can't see this room unless you go to the backyard or open the door to the living room.

Comments

Marcy said…
I haven't had good luck in finding old dressers but I think they're a good idea--you can paint them fun colors or shabby chic and they're nice and sturdy.

If you find a fabric you love the curtain idea would probably be the cheapest.
Pitcher Family said…
First of all, it's not that bad... clean sweep people are way worse! I am on not big on the curtain idea myself, but I can tell you the cheapest thing I have done. You can get baskets or canvas or plastic bins and put them on the shelves and put like things in them. My cheap solution, because even the bins are too much for me now, is cardboard boxes. I take a book box, fold the top flaps inside and tape or staple, secure them to the box. Then I spray paint the whole thing. Since I have them in the kids room, I stencil the work and a picture of the items that go inside, on the front of the box. Then it slides into the shelves, or under the bed, like a bin or basket. They have held up for 2 1/2 years now...
Sorry, long comment. Oh, I also cut out a handle above the words.
Jess and Jason said…
Mandy's idea is a good one. We just organized the kids toys and printed out pictures to put on the front of each bin so they knew where to put their things. It has really helped because they don't have to look through everything to find what they want. They can just find the picture and pull that one bin out.
I like that idea for the kids rooms. Mike is supposed to be making me cubbies for the boys.

Popular Posts