Hello from Utah

We are here. I can't post pictures because we forgot the usb cord. We have a ton of pictures though. I'll post some of them when we get back. I've been away from the blog for a week and feel weird not to have posted anything. So I thought I'd post a bit about our trip so far.

We left on Monday at 3:00 AM. The boys were wonderful. We drove 15 hours the first day and because we left so early we were able to stop at a cool park in Colorado and go swimming at the hotel before bed. The next day we stopped in Arches. That wasn't quite as good a driving day. Isaac decided he only needed to sleep one hour in the car the entire day and cried so much that Will gave him his evil "I hate you" look. Mike got mad at Isaac at one point and slapped Isaac's foot to get him to stop. Will said, "No hit brother, daddy. Say sorry." Don't you hate it when you teach your kids things and they hold you to the same standard?

Elder David Peter Clark came home on Thursday evening. He is still as skinny as ever and has the standard missionary inflection and phraseology. He keeps saying, "When did my sisters get so worldly?" and "These people have so much light." It's fun to have him home and see how much he has changed.

I visited the local Quilted Bear for the first time. I had a lot of fun trying to decide what I wanted to buy to decorate our house with. I decided to talk to Mike about how much money I could spend and went back the next day with the boys. Bad idea.

Mike went golfing with the brothers. He won. He had twice as many points as the loser. ;)

One last thing...my children have been waking up between 5:15 and 6:00...I should actually say that after waking up throughout the night and crying and rocking we can't deal with it anymore and have to get them up. There are people sleeping in all the rooms of this house including the family room and living room so we don't know how to keep them quiet. Mike had to put them in the car and drive them around for 45 minutes while he waited for the rest of the family to wake up. I was hoping on my vacation I could sleep in. No such luck.

Aside from the sleeping, we are having a great time. We will post more updates later with pictures. I know you are all sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for more details.

Comments

Jess and Jen said…
Of course we're waiting on the edge of our seats! Can't wait to hear more details and see the pics (any of them have me in them?)
You are in pictures! You are in pictures but your girls are in more. Are we going to see you again before we leave?
Cali said…
Too bad our trips to UT didn't overlap--I would have loved to see you! Enjoy your time there.
Frances said…
Ugh, those early mornings are the worst! I hope your trip is fun and the drive home is good!

Popular Posts