Recent favorite pictures of the one that tries my patience





It has been a hard week with Isaac. I told my mom that I find myself making excuses for him all the time, "He's just tired, sick, teething, hungry". All of these things are valid because usually one of the above is wrong with him. But, I have finally come to the conclusion that I need to stop making excuses and admit to myself that this is just the way he is! Yikes. My mom also told me a long time ago that my brother Jess was an awful two year old. But everyone in the family knows that Jess is now her favorite. She will deny it of course because moms have to do that. And Jess will agree with me. The point is that something must have changed from the time he poured syrup all over the piano to now. I am hoping something like that happens with Isaac. Jess has said that his daughter Leah is very difficult. I'm excited to get to Utah in a month so we can lock them in the same room together. Won't that be fun Jess? Mike teased yesterday that Isaac must have taken after me. What?! Jerk! Ok, of course I am teasing. Isaac is AWESOME! I just thought I should post some of my favorite pictures of Isaac so I could remind myself how much I LOVE him and let you all see why...because you can't help loving someone this cute.

Comments

Steff said…
I feel your pain Adrianne. Charlie is an out of control 2 year old. I have people comment on his behavior all the time...he's always running away, getting into stuff, tearing things apart. I have a couple friends that have 2nd children very similar to him...maybe it's a 2nd child thing??! It's funny that your Mom said her now "favorite" used to be like that. My RS Pres was giving me a pep talk at a ward outing after I chased after C for the 20th time. She said her daughter was exactly the same when she was little (naughty, busy, etc.) and she turned out to be her very best child in teen/adulthood. That made me feel better.

So, can Charlie join in the locked room party? :) By the way, I love the picture of him with spaghetti all over him and the table in front of him and the plate is pushed away to the side. Don't you love doing an entire scrub down of your kids and kitchen after every meal? You gotta love these little stinkers.
Papa Doc said…
I love the photo of him asleep! His hair is adorable. I used to go into my kids rooms (Chelsey, in particular when she was just little) and gaze at them while they were sleeping so I could remind myself how sweet they really were and how much I really loved them. Nighttime was my favorite as I would sit on the edge of their beds, stroke their hair and have enough peace in the room to feel of their basically wonderful spirits. Maybe that's why I liked the "sleep" picture the best. He's a cutie!
Frances said…
He is so adorable and growing up so fast. The spaghetti picture just makes me want to cry. Meal time is my worst enemy. I'm not a neat freak, but I feel like each meal ruins any amount of cleaning I manage. Maybe they should start taking their meals in the bath tub!! Such a sweet boy! Love the pictures
Steff, I think it is the second child. My brother's girl is the second one too. Yes, Charlie is welcome to join the others in the room. We'll just lock them in and then go out to dinner.

Mom, bedtime is my favorite time for that same reason. They are cuddly and calm and I love to check on them right before I go to sleep.

Frances, oh my gosh. We cut Isaac's hair a little just because he would stick his hands through his hair at dinner time and be disgusting. We just pick him up and plop him in the sink and rinse him down or we just take him immediately to the bath. The funny thing about the picture is that he already ate his meal and decided he wanted Will's too. He stole Will's plate and ate his spagetti.
Cali said…
What a cutie! Fortunately for me, Collin's our challenging one. Since he's the first, Olivia looks like an angel! (Poor Collin!) Anyway--when are you going to UT? I'm getting there the 1st of August, and we'll be there until the 19th or so. We should hook up! (As long as our families don't have anything else going on!) Let me know.
Jess and Jason said…
Layla is definately the challenging one in our family. I thought it was because she was a girl, but maybe it is the second child thing. She was such a good baby. Sleeping well and happy all the time. On her first birthday she got this attitude that doesn't quit!
But in the last month she has become even more cute...when she throws a tanturm she will come back later and apoligize..."Sorry mom, sorry I was such a nastime!!"
It makes up for everything.
Jess and Jen said…
Hey, the only "favorite" I am is the title of husband to my wife.

Leah is our second child. She is our moodiest child. She is adorable at certain times of the day. She is also the reason the hospital wouldn't let me leave before signing a paper saying I wouldn't shake my babies.

Popular Posts