My first mural



I've wanted to paint a mural in Will and Isaac's room for awhile now. When we moved in I was very pregnant and then we had a new baby so we didn't do anything to our yard or to our house. Now things are much more calm so we have started making improvements to our house. So, I decided to paint a jungle mural in Will's room (to go with the jungle curtains mom made when she visited in the summer) and a plane mural in Isaac's room. He is the beginning. It is hard to paint and explain to Will that he can't and I have to do it when Isaac is sleeping but it has been fun so far. I hope when it is done that it will be an improvement to the room...I will keep posting pictures as I go along.

Comments

tarable said…
Wow Adrianne, are you doing this all freehand. Obviously not really knowing you, I didn't realize you were so talented. I'm so impressed. Looks great so far!
Tara, Thank you. I should say though before you get too impressed that I found a picture online and I'm just copying it. So, while I drew it on my wall freehand, I didn't imagine it.
Elder Richey said…
Wow!! You are the coolest mom and your boys are so lucky to have you around to paint lovely murals on their walls. I had no idea you were an artist or I would have demanded that you draw/paint something for me when we lived next door to each other. cute cute cute.
Marcy said…
Looks like a great project Adrianne!
shannon said…
if i print out a picture for you, will you draw a mural on my wall?

this is the kind of decorating that impresses me most--the kind that's cheap (relatively) and takes a lot of talent. maybe i could do some abstracts or something...
Papa Doc said…
This is going to be so cute when you get it all done. The animals don't look scary, so hopefully Will won't get nightmares. Are you leaving the background the whitish color?
It looks awesome! And to all of you who didn't know, yes Adrianne can paint quite well -- we have a couple of pictures on our wall at home and they are very nice.
Mom

Popular Posts