Will's two!

We sent out cards to Will's friends inviting them to party with him and Elmo and said "this party is brought to you by the letter 'W' and the number '2'."



Mike and I made this Elmo cake. We didn't have any black gel so we just had to make the eyes and mouth brown.




While we waited for some of his friends to show up we got the tool bench out for the boys to play with. Then the boys made Sesame Street puppets and had their little snacks (animal crackers and fruit snacks). When Paige and Brynn showed up they kids all played pin the nose on Elmo.




After the game we had cake. Isaac stole Mike's cake when Mike wasn't looking. Finally, Will opened his gifts. It was a very fun party. I am not used to parties because I only had one birthday party growing up....now I know why...it is a lot of work! I think Mike and I decided after today that our kids are not getting parties every year. But, it was a lot of fun and I'm glad Will got to celebrate his birthday with friends.


Comments

Marcy said…
Such a cute cake--I'm impressed! I have never given my girls a friend party and Olivia is almost 5. So, way to go!
Jess and Jason said…
That looked like such a fun party. We have had a birthday party for every birthday for each child. It is expensive and hard!
For the first time ever we are not going to have a birthday party for Austin's fifth birthday. It is really hard for me. I asked him if he wanted a party with friends, or more presents. He was smart and said more presents. But I worry when we keep going to parties for his friends if he will be sad...
CUTE CAKE!!
Jess and Jen said…
Hey Adrianne, that looked like a great party. I'm with you--my girls are not getting a party every year. My idea of a birthday party is inviting family over and if they have kids, wohoo!

Jess
Marcy, thanks! My sister-in-law showed me a website with fun cakes and Will is really into Elmo right now so I thought he would love it. It was a busy morning so Mike helped decorate it.

Jessie, you are a nice mom. I don't think I would give my kid the option of a party or more presents...then again, Mike isn't into giving very many presents (which is why a party is nice). If it were up to Mike he would just give one gift and have cake.

Jess, it was a really fun party. The main reason I wanted to give him a party was because last year was such a lame birthday in the hotel and this year Mike was gone for the night. If we had family around, we wouldn't have thrown him a party. Maybe some day we will live by family--hopefully before the kids are old and can't remember their cousins.
Papa Doc said…
Sorry to be so slow getting to view these pictures. They are great! What a great family you have started. Yes, it would be nice to have everyone around, but I know well what it is like to be away. Did not we tell the people who designed modern living that if we live away we need to be rich so we can travel where ever we need to go. I would love to have been to the party. It is a party to talk to Willy on the web cam often. He has such fun. Wait until Isaac is his age. Life if going to be incredible. Tell Mike to give you some female seed next time, you will need a girl, or you will go crazy.

Dad Clark
Dad, Mike says he is too much of a man to provide female seed. I can't believe we are the only one's in the family without a girl.

We also wish we lived by family so that you could all get to know our boys and "so they can watch our boys when we go out," says Mike. Anytime I type to someone on instant messanger Will says, "Gampa." He knows he talks to you on there and yes, he does go crazy when he talks to you on the web cam. It's because he can see himself and is showing off for you.

Popular Posts