Thinking of my past life

Will really loves to pull out all our photos and look at the pictures. I found him looking at them the other day and I sat down to look at them too. It reminded me of all the fun college experiences I had. So, this post is to reminisce on the good times I had in college (note: there were plenty of bad ones as well but we don't need to remember those). Unfortunately, Mike isn't a part of most of them because he didn't exist yet.

- The hairy cake prank
- Mad Uno
- Hot tub in the snow
- Trip to Cali
- Lake Powell trip
- Underwear stealer
- Weekly or maybe nightly lip-sync with spoons, with Laura
- Camping in Rock Canyon Park (twice)
- Themed parties
- Roller blading
- Extreme spoons
- Trip to Washington for Emily's wedding
- Trip to Zion National Park with Roommates
- Adaptive Aquatics with Josh
- Trip to Cali with Lindsey to Uncle Allen's house
- Motorcycle rides
- The sea mural we painted on our wall and had guests add to
- Making the Victoria Secret Bunnies
- Making pinatas
- Trip to Philly to see Lindsey
- Teaching Institute
- Roommate weekly challenges
- Ward Nertz (or pounce) games
- Trips to Las Vegas (especially the one when Mike came...the start of our existence...sigh)
- Trip to Cali with Mike to see his grandparents
- "It's Book" for Ty-guy

That's all I can think of right now. Fun times. I wish everyone could have as much fun in college as I had. I believe that every one's lives work out just right for them--some people get married right out of high school, some go on missions, etc. I never went to college with the intention of getting married (although I think I just assumed it would happen). Anyway, I'm glad that I was able to finish school and have a thousand different roommates (like 27 or something) before I met Mike. If I had met Mike before that time, we wouldn't be together. We were two entirely different people and would never have been in the same mindset to get married--I needed to mature! He would've thought I was nuts! I am sad that most of my friends didn't ever get to know him though. Most of them have only met him once or twice. Sad because they would like him.

Comments

Cris said…
Oh, the memories of watching you guys sing "Coming to America"!! Don't forget snowmobiling!
Oh man. I tried to forget snowmobiling when I crashed into the tree! What an idiot.
Papa Doc said…
Now you have a list, it is time to write the details. I wish I had from that far back. I am writing my family history now, and what fun it is. It is even funner to read what you wrote so long ago, like in my journal. So get to work. The kids might give you a few minutes a day, if you are lucky.

Dad Clark

Popular Posts