Creamy White Chili

I don't know how to make chili--real chili, that is. I used to hate any kind of beans or chili so I never learned how. Now I like beans but don't know a good chili recipe. I do make a White Chili though, which is very different than normal chili. This recipe comes from my friend Marcy Wilkinson. We all love this chili in my house.

1 lb. chicken
1 med. onion chopped
1 1/2 t. garlic powder (or a clove)
1 T. oil

Saute these together until chicken is mostly cooked but still pink.

2 can Great Northern beans
1 can chicken broth
2 cans chopped green chilies
1 t. salt
1t. cummin
1 t. oregano
1 t. pepper
1 t. cayene pepper

Add the above to the chicken. Boil,then reduce to a simmer for thirty minutes. Remove from heat and add the following creams:

1 oz cup sour cream
1 cup whipping cream

Comments

Popular Posts