Creamy Italian Chicken

This is one of our favorite dinners.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 envelope italian salad dressing mix
1/4 cup water
1 pkg. (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
1 can (4oz) mushroom stems and pieces, drained

Place chicken in crockpot (or big deep pan with lid). Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken. Cover and cook in crockpot or in the oven on low for three hours. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken. Cook one hour more or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over noodles or rice.
Note: if you cook it in the oven, it is usually done before the three hours. Just check on it.

Comments

Elder Richey said…
I LOVE your idea to put recipes on your blog. I'm definitely going to try this one out. I'll let you know how it goes. I love your blog. Mike and Will look just like each other and it's wonderful to stay updated on some of our best neighbors ever!
Jess and Jen said…
Adrianne, we're having this for dinner tonight! You emailed the recipe some time ago and Jen called to get it from me this morning. I've got something good to come home to! (That is, besides the beautiful woman sitting there...)
Katie, I am so glad you like our blog. It's very fun for me. This blog is a fun way for me to let my friends and my family know what's up (especially since neither my friends or family live near by). I check yours all the time. If you have good recipes you want to send on, feel free!!

Jess and Jen, I am so glad you are having this for dinner! I love it and I'm glad you guys like it. It was fun to have dinner with you guys all of January. I miss Abby saying she doesn't want any "browns." Good times.

Popular Posts