Being Pregnant and Healthy

It is 9:30 PM and Mike just called to say he is going to drive for a few more hours tonight. I am worried about him because there is rain, snow, and ice right now in Oklahoma and the weather in Arkansas isn't supposed to be much better later tonight. So, I am waiting up a little longer before I go to bed and thought I might write a post. I have been thinking a lot lately about how blessed I truly am right now. I think about it every day when I am cleaning, or chasing Will up the stairs, etc. I mean, I prayed every night that I would be able to still be the mom to Will that I wanted to. When I was in Utah, I got the flu and I was devestated because I thought I was getting morning sickness finally. My sister-in-law, Jen took care of Will all day for me. I would fall asleep and wake up to see Will playing with the girls and Jen. He would see me and get so excited. I was jealous and sad that I couldn't take care of him and play with him. I also feel kind of guilty sometimes when I think of all the women I know that have been sick each time they are pregnant or have had a hard time getting pregnant. I wonder why I am so lucky this time, and those women still have to go through such awfulness. I never in my life thought I would look back at my pregancy with Will and be grateful but, I can truly say that I am so thankful now. I feel so much wiser now. Sometimes I forget I am pregnant because all the pregnancy woes seem so insignificant to me right now. Of course I still have six months to go and a lot of sleep to lose, bathroom trips to make, and weight to gain, but for now I am happy to be feeling well. The only real drawback now is that Mike is thinking, "Hey, if she feels this well each time, we can have those 15 kids I've always wanted." Only the future will tell....

Comments

Popular Posts