Mike, Dave, and Dubbs


There are three engineers at Tinker AFB. Mike, Dave, and Jessica. Dave lives in the same complex as us and so we have become really good friends with him. One night when he was eating dinner with us, he began asking about the church and voicing his concerns about whether or not there was a God. We answered his questions the best we could. Since then, he has eaten at our house at least once a week and each time asks more questions. This past Sunday the missionaries came over for dinner and challenged Mike and I to find someone who would be ready to receive the discussions by December 23rd. We are taking this challenge seriously and are praying every day to be prompted to know who needs the Gospel in their lives right now. We also pray that the Lord will prepare that person for us. We do not know if Dave is the one that is ready to receive the discussions at this time but we will continue to be his friend and answer any questions he might have. We will keep you posted on how things turn out.

Comments

Jess and Jen said…
I remember making challenges like that when I was a missionary and thinking how easy it would be for members to do that. Now, having been a normal member for the last 6 years and living next to few LDS folks, I can see how hard it would be. It's amazing how the perspective has changed.
Elder Richey said…
We've been having some missionary experiences too since moving to Boise. I've made friends with the girl that lives next to me and she comes over a lot. One time she was over here with Blake (her baby) and she mentioned that he always seems so calm when he comes over. Then she said, "I think it's because of the good aura in your apartment." Yeah, the Holy Ghost. I haven't actually had a serious gospel type discussion with her, but I'm glad she can feel a nice comfort when she comes over. keep me posted.

Popular Posts