Eli AKA Bob Ross
The best part of April was probably celebrating Eli's birthday. I felt really bad because he turned 12 and 12 is a party year for our family but since we had Shelter in Place order we didn't get to have a friend party or take him out to eat or anything like that. All he wanted was a computer game so he didn't even have gifts to open. We tried to make it fun and decided since he loves art to throw a Bob Ross party. I searched and searched for paint (we threw a large portion of our paint away when we moved), canvases, and paintbrushes. The stores had been cleaned out pretty well but I eventually found some flat canvases and a few brushes and the colors we needed. I purchased a silly bob ross wig and bought a Bob Ross board game. He requested pizza for dinner and an apple pie for dessert. The pie tasted fine. It wasn't amazing but it wasn't gross either. It was just a normal apple pie. It looked really good though so I had to take a picture of it. His friends dropped off gifts for him and I think he had a great day. When this is all over and we can do things with people again, we will throw him a party to celebrate him. He is really such a cool kid. Life was pretty confusing and tough for him when Mike was deployed and we struggled and I struggled to figure out how to help him but this last year has been so different. He is easy going and happy and so responsible and fun. I love this kid so much.
















Comments