April School

As far as school goes for us, it was a change with the lockdown, but not like it was for most families.  Will's school continued much the same (though, they said that they would take the best of the grades from the previous or last quarter).  Isaac, Eli, and Piper ended up finishing up the year with part online/part normal homeschool.  Half of their classes were from their once a week school so when that got canceled, they moved to online school like everyone else.  Piper still did most of her work with me.  We would check online to see what her teachers were posting and if it didn't require much effort on my part, we did the assignment, and if it was more work than I wanted to do, I didn't worry about it.  The only teacher that actually even required her to submit anything was her Language Arts teacher but the rest all posted assignments weekly.  We did most of them but again, I really didn't worry about them and mostly just worked to finish up her other curriculum.  She finished up Math a few months ago so we already moved on to 2nd grade Math.  That girls loves Math and still does not love reading.  She has made huge improvements though, so that's great.  She loves art and loves Science and misses her music class.  I thought she would love to do an Egg Drop and since we haven't done one since we lived in TN, I decided to go ahead and do one again this year.  The kids loved it, as expected, and surprisingly enough, not one egg cracked.  They all came up with great plans and none of cracked.  They tried by doing multiple drops and throwing harder each time.  We finished up our book we were reading out loud together (The Legend of Sam Miracle) so now I need to figure out what books to read to everyone next year.  The boys finished up strong and I'll probably post more about the end of our school year in another post.



























Comments

Popular Posts